FICO 490 & NOW 740 ;)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO 490 & NOW 740 ;)

What are you looking for?

--rewards
--initial 0% APR on purchases
--low regular APR (in other words, you plan to carry balances)
--ability to BT

and so forth.

I am not too concerend with points or rewards when it comes to CC's, but would like to know about cards that have travel benifits, insurance, fairly low APR, ect..

On monday morning I applied for a NFCU Platinum card and also a NAV Chek LOC.

The told me 24 hrs on the LOC and 3-5 days on the CC

Its now Wed morning and havent heard anything.

Maybee Friday I will follow up.

Hope they both go through!!!

If I were able to get that CC + LOC that would put me at 2 prime cards (On Mon my BOA graduated) and 1 LOC.

I feel as if I would want only one maybee 2 more PRIME cards and 1 Cheveron/Texaco gas card would be good to have for a LONG term out look.

If I were to get that I would look at droping my orchard to keep 4 prime CC, 1 LOC, and 1 Gas card

I realize that I might take a hit on Fico points and the abilty to apply for other credit casue of inquires, too many new accountsbut I am more looking at the age of accoutns nows

CL is important but I'm willing to be patient over the comming years knowing that I am building a SOILD credit foot print.

Do you feel its best that I take a hit now and start to build the Prime card acocunts that wills tay with me forever?

What Banks or CU's do you  reccomend that will be worth keeping forever?

Of those Bank or CU's, what products do you reccomend?

I dont understand the benifits of having an AMEX card!

Is it accpepted everywher like Visa and Mastercard?

I realize its alot of questions and forsure i will be in debt to anyone that can assist.

Thank you 

Message 21 of 27
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Alliant CU is also a good choice if you're looking for high CL's. They issue high initial CL's but are very conservative with CLI's.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked on there web page and it seems I am not apart of any association on those list.

Thanks for the suggestion..

Can anyone else make recommendation of a Bank that is good to grow with while considering my plan listed above.

Regards
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

To join alliantcreditunion.com all you need to do is check off that you're a member of the National PTA. They don't verify, but if you're not a member and want to keep things honest it is easy to join. Check out this thread for more info:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=153067&view=by_date_as...

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PICO 490 & NOW 740 ;)

@Anonymous wrote:

To join alliantcreditunion.com all you need to do is check off that you're a member of the National PTA. They don't verify, but if you're not a member and want to keep things honest it is easy to join. Check out this thread for more info:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=153067&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Thanks for this info and I will follow up on this CU next week.

Can anyone tell me how I can check to make sure that I have NO negatives on Chexsystems?

I had a negitive bank account that was charged of in 2005 and am not sure if that will haunt me today.

Thanks for your assitance

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google them and you'll see how to request a report. The website is a little bizarre, after you fill in your info it takes you to a page that doesn't explain anything. Don't worry, it's legit and they'll mail you your report in about a week. It will include instructions on how to dispute anything as well.

If you don't want to wait a week I'd drop by a credit union or bank near you and ask them if they can run a report for you. I'm sure you could find someone who'd be willing to do this for you, and it would be instant for them.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to thank everyone in this form for being SO SUPPORTIVE and fast to offer suggestions and guidance.

Thank you to all

Chuck

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.