Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO deadzone?

tag
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

FICO deadzone?

Just wondering if there is a fico "deadzone" between sub-prime and prime approvals. You know that area where you won't accept sub-prime cards and the good offers seem outta reach...... Sounds like a dumb question but I assume many of you have passed through this purgatory if it exists?  My best guess it lies between 630-670?

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO deadzone?

@bbb3601 wrote:

Just wondering if there is a fico "deadzone" between sub-prime and prime approvals. You know that area where you won't accept sub-prime cards and the good offers seem outta reach...... Sounds like a dumb question but I assume many of you have passed through this purgatory if it exists?  My best guess it lies between 630-670?

I think that sounds about right.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 24
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

ughSmiley Sad

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 3 of 24
john398
Senior Contributor

I am in the middle there and I still get Credit One approvals LOL

I mean letters

Message 4 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I am in the middle there and I still get Credit One approvals LOL

I mean letters

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@bbb3601 wrote:

No, I didn't experience this. But maybe it's the cards I'm going for that make a difference. I started out w/2 Cap Ones and after a few months, added a local CU visa. Then 7-8 mos later, added Barclay's and NFCU. 3 mos later, added 2 Amex.

I'm not even trying for Chase or Citi, because I believe I may be blacklisted with them. So, I can't speak for "offers" from them. Also, I am opted out, so I don't receive ANY CC offers at all. I just app for the CCs I really want.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

For me, I definately felt it....  Seems like it was between 650-690

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@bbb3601 wrote:

No, I didn't experience this. But maybe it's the cards I'm going for that make a difference. I started out w/2 Cap Ones and after a few months, added a local CU visa. Then 7-8 mos later, added Barclay's and NFCU. 3 mos later, added 2 Amex.

I'm not even trying for Chase or Citi, because I believe I may be blacklisted with them. So, I can't speak for "offers" from them. Also, I am opted out, so I don't receive ANY CC offers at all. I just app for the CCs I really want.

I think that's the best way to be, keeps the unnecessary apps away!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, sometimes I think it would be nice to get them, but it's not worth the risk that the CRAs will sell my info to JDBs.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, sometimes I think it would be nice to get them, but it's not worth the risk that the CRAs will sell my info to JDBs.

+1

That's my biggest scare, I don't want that kind of BS to deal with.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.