Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO score... all or 1?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO score... all or 1?

How does someone know their FICO score?  I know my scores... plural... but is there a general overall score that banks look at for mortgages and other lending, or does EVERYONE usually pull a particular CR?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICO score... all or 1?

jenna4now2 wrote:
How does someone know their FICO score?  I know my scores... plural... but is there a general overall score that banks look at for mortgages and other lending, or does EVERYONE usually pull a particular CR?

When applying for a CC, most CCCs, CUs, and banks, I believe, pull one and occassionally two CR. Capital One pulls all three (from experience). However, if you are applying for a mortgage or auto loan, the mortgage company or bank usually (but not always) pulls all three and takes either the average of the three or more likely the middle score. Other times, they use their own scoring model that matches none of your scores because it is based on their own particular criteria. It can get complicated in a hurry.
Message 2 of 3
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: FICO score... all or 1?

I can tell you that when you apply for a mortgage they will pull all three and use your middle score.  I know for a fact that Wells Fargo Mortgage does this.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 09-19-2007 09:01 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.