Did you mean: 

FICOS and FAKOS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICOS and FAKOS

I ordered my FICO scores today
EQ-597 EX-651 and TU-653 12/17/07

Also got my FAKOS from Mycreditkeeper was actually shocked at the close comparsion of 2 but the cap of the highest one was my biggest shock

EQ-596 EX-649 and TU-612 12/17/07

I have dont quite a bit of apping over the past 6 mos so impressed that they are where they are but I am sure it has come from being offered more credit with higher limits

My only bother is that my mostly pulled report is Equifax--they have the lowest score Smiley Sad
Not to mention on there they have me listed for a JUDGMENT that neither other report has( I am disputing with them to see if they will remove since not on other--Guess its worth a try)

Equifax-shows 2 collections 1 judgement and bankruptcy besides any lates acount have had nothing in past year

Experian has no collections but a few lates (all over 1 year) and judgment

Transunion has 2 collections and bankruptcy and lates (all over 1 year)

So very different reporting info--I have also GW both collections since old and satisfied--(fingers crossed)

And lastly I have GW all the lates on the report so I am sure if any could come off that would be awesome--however the collections and judgment mean most to me I can get over the rest b/c I have gotten better with those issues over the last year and with more time they will slowly lose their power

As for you FICO guros any other good advice for getting these scores on up and hopefully more closely compatible----lastly I noticed I was at 25% UTI on CCs but I know reducing that UTI will increase my scores as well thats my start after the Xmas holidays---my goal is to get down to at least 10% within 30 days--however it says on the FICO reports that the low credit card usage and card usage itself are my positive points (YEA!!) I guess I am doing something right!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FICOS and FAKOS

Fakos are wierd- your's are the closest I have seen in awhile. I think most people use them here to see if there is a jump or decline and then that lest them know something is up if they go up or down. Otherwise, I don't even bother w/ them.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CreditKeeper Fako scores are TU-612 / Eq-622 / Ex-640
My Ficos - TU-629 / Eq-622 / Ex-615 as of 12/17/07
why the huge diff with Tu and Ex, but Mycredit keeper also says :Your PLUS Score of 562 represents a medium high risk for most lenders. !???

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats weird-SASMITH-you just had to only use those FAKOS to determine which may your credit scores are going and thats it--in your case it may be a little hard---My PLUS score was 651 and thats close to my 2 highest FICO scores
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
thats weird-SASMITH-you just had to only use those FAKOS to determine which may your credit scores are going and thats it--in your case it may be a little hard---My PLUS score was 651 and thats close to my 2 highest FICO scores

WEIRD, that is what I thought. a huge difference!
Between the Fico /Fakos/Disputes/CA's..losing my mind, thank you for your imput
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The PLUS score doesn't even use the same range as FICO's. PLUS scores range from 330 - 830. While in many cases your FAKO's will move up and down at the same time as your FICO's, this is not necessarily so. I've had several instances where one went up and the other went down, and vice versa. And be very careful about the advice you get, which can hurt your FICO scores.

Again, trying to match FAKO's to FICO's can be entertaining but is rarely enlightening.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.