Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY Got Citi Approval!

tag
Zanarov
Valued Member

FINALLY Got Citi Approval!

So as I posted earlier I’ve been "Status Pending" for over a month while they verify identity, Today I decided to check again and to my surprise it said I was Approved!

..The bad news it’s a $500 limit, way below the 1500 on my WF card, is it worth a recon? Do they even do recons?

Not sure why but I’m slightly perturbed (I guess that’s the word?.Kind of annoyed but not really...) at the toy limit Smiley Indifferent

On the bright side I got the best APR available for the Student card...9.74 plus prime

Anyway I believe I’m set as far as credit goes now..I guess its time to garden?

-WF Platinum:            $1500

-Amex Zync:                NPSL

-Citi Div Plat Select:  $500

Thanks for all the advice on here!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Re: FINALLY Got Citi Approval!

Congratulations!!!  I want in with Citi so bad I can taste it! LOL! Hopefully they will give you an increase after some history with them.  I wonder how they are with CLI's?? I'm new to the boards so I need to do some searching about that.

Congrat's again! ENjoy the new card!

Message 2 of 14
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

WOOHOO!!! Awesome!!! Good For You!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Zanarov
Valued Member

@Tommy5746 wrote:

WOOHOO!!! Awesome!!! Good For You!!

Thanks for the congrats guys, I love the penguins! Smiley Very Happy

So, I still have a question about the recons- has anyone had success with them on recons after acceptance? I know they dont do recons with denials but perhaps if you ask nicely?....Not that I've had a good experiance so far with thier front lines....everyone had a different story about what was going on with my card lol

Also, I've read on heere that some of you have been able to change Citi cards to MasterCard versions, is this possible with the Citi Plat Select Div card? Or is it only for people who were customers previously? If it's possible I would have Visa, MC and Amex...should leave all bases covered Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 14
Thorin
Valued Member

Congrats!

Message 5 of 14
lanc
Regular Contributor

I would wait 6 months and request a cli.  If you try to ask one they are going to say your file is too old and do another HP then deny it.

Message 6 of 14
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

+1

Message 7 of 14
Zanarov
Valued Member

@lanc wrote:

I would wait 6 months and request a cli.  If you try to ask one they are going to say your file is too old and do another HP then deny it.

Thanks for the info, I figured it would be something like that. On the plus side your reply made me laugh for some reason.

So that leaves the question about the change to master card? I don't really need to change it but it would be nice to have three different options available to me.

Message 8 of 14
mxp114
Valued Contributor

You can call but may have to wait 6-12 months for a MasterCard conversion, I think it is possible.

Message 9 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'd be careful w Citi yall... Read the thread about a person getting a CLD from a $15k limit to a $300 limit. Citi is shady
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.