Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY THE REQUEST CLI LINK FROM CITI

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

FINALLY THE REQUEST CLI LINK FROM CITI

I opened my citi platinium mastercard on March 30, finally today in the tools section there was a link to request a cli, when I click on it, message popped up to contact customer service to request a cli, does anyone think it will be a hard pull, what information will they request, they must already know my yearly wage earnings from when I did my credit application.  Thanks for any information

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jj10939
Regular Contributor

Re: FINALLY THE REQUEST CLI LINK FROM CITI

That's a good sign.  It should be a soft or none at all, but if that message comes up to call, they want you to verify your income and if your CR looks good, you should get the increase.  Let us know what they say!

Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If there was a form to fill out (blanks where you have to enter your info), it's a hard.

If it says something like, "You've been given a $1K increase in your CL; do you want it?", then it's a soft, and it's already approved.

This is unique to Citi. You always know with them whether it will be hard or soft by the presence or absence of the online form.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

It seems like CITI has all sorts of things going on. They're offering me a CLI online, but first I have to share my banking info with them. Thanks, but no thanks.

Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@fused wrote:

It seems like CITI has all sorts of things going on. They're offering me a CLI online, but first I have to share my banking info with them. Thanks, but no thanks.

How about sharing it with your close friends here???  Smiley Tongue

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 5 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

fused, don't you pay your credit cards through a bank account?

Message 6 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

Called Citi today recieved $1,400 cl, no hard pull as I checked my reports, wanted to know my yearly earnings, then asked what i wanted for an increase, I stated $2500  need help with utilization, it was a no go, although cl now at $5,600

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

Yes, I do. I don't know why CITI is asking for more info. Also, I don't see anything in writing that states I give them permission to contact my banks and start verifying info and balances.

Message 8 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Yes, I do. I don't know why CITI is asking for more info. Also, I don't see anything in writing that states I give them permission to contact my banks and start verifying info and balances.

i agree.  that seems overly intrusive.  i wouldn't want them to be doing that either.

Message 9 of 10
LEXiiON
Valued Member

I have seen this link the first time today on my Citi card account.

However I have a SECURED Mastercard with them since March 10???? How can that happen? It is not due for graduation until Oct. 11???

Anyways I clicked on it.. and it says : Unable to fulfill your request... Please contact customer service at .....

Strange anyways. I do accept the fact, that you can't request a CLI with their Secured Card, but why does it show up there???

LEXiiON

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.