Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINGERHUT no longer reporting

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

FINGERHUT no longer reporting

My Fingerhut account has not reported since January, just before they transferred to Meta Bank.  There has been no reporting on this account to any of the credit bureaus by Metabank/Fingerhut since.  Apparently, this account no longer reports at all.  Has anybody else noticed this?  Is this merely a Merchant account now?   

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: FINGERHUT no longer reporting

Boonie -

I noticed the same thing with my account.  It has not reported since they switched to Metabank.  I was thinking that I might have to charge a small amount and pay it off to see if that will start them to report.  I have no idea what is going on with them.  I know that I lost an $800CL that  was reporting before they made the change.  I still get plenty of catalogs from Fingerhut all the time.

I guess time will tell what they are going to do in the future.

Bobby

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 2 of 8
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, the purchase idea came across my mind.   I will make a small purchase on my account today to see if it shows up on my credit reports.   I still have a balance of $25.99 per my statement received this week, and my credit reports shows the CIT/Fingerhut as sold or transferred. 

I will post if my reports are updated, otherwise, assume there is no continued reporting from Fingerhut after January 2010 on my reports.  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 3 of 8
wayne6372
Valued Member

Yes they Still report to Equifax and transunion.My account shows sold transferred to another lender and the new one reports.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

they report to my transunion every month... not equifax or experian I dont think though

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boonie wrote:

My Fingerhut account has not reported since January, just before they transferred to Meta Bank.  There has been no reporting on this account to any of the credit bureaus by Metabank/Fingerhut since.  Apparently, this account no longer reports at all.  Has anybody else noticed this?  Is this merely a Merchant account now?   

Smiley Surprised .....they deserve a Finger for that!

Message 6 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I just opened a new credit account with them 2 days ago. I spoke with their member relations and they do report to EQ / TU. You do need to make purchases apparently for them to report.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 8
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

i have had fingerhut over 2years and they have always been metabank and they report to the cb mine reports to all 3

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.