cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA---PRE APPROVED

tag
Regular Contributor

FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA---PRE APPROVED

Just received a pre-approval from First National Bank of Omaha for 11.99% APR--fixed for life!!!!!!   Platinum Edition Visa

Anyone out there in Fico land know any thing about this card/bank?

I may want to apply but not sure about the bank or its requirements.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Fico EQ:  699

Fico TU:  690 ish

2 Collections (Medical) from 12/2004 $480.00

No inquires (last was 12/2008)

Aprox. 21% utility

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF OMAHA---PRE APPROVED

Well, there is really no such thing as fixed for life APR.

It is either fixed or variable APR. Be aware that lenders can change from fixed to variable APR by giving you advance notice.

You should always strive for PIF, that way APR is meaningless to you.

I don't know about FNBO, but the card you are mentioning is without rewards.

Message 2 of 5
andre181
Established Contributor

I have the same card, but at 14.99%

My scores are a little high than yours, and my utilization was 0% when I applied. You should definitely try to get the utilization down before apply to maximize your chances. They pull EX just so you know. 

They started me with a CL of $1500 then I got a CLI to $4000 6 months later.

They have great customer service. 

You might also want to read this: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/First-National-Bank-of-Omaha/td-p/683876

Good luck!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I received this offer in the mail also. Fixed for life @ 9.9%. I read the terms pretty carefully and it really did indicate that fixed for life meant as long as the account remained open. It was pretty plain vanilla, no rewards, no special BT offer, etc. but the interesting thing is there was no penalty APR for even a late payment. I'm gardening at the moment and really had no need so I shredded the offer for now. I'm pretty sure if it works their marketing department will do it again in the future. I have a slightly better rate on a Platinum with NFCU (8.9%) but of course that's a variable not fixed. I thought it was a pretty spectacular offering and hopefully a sign that things may be changing in favor of those with at least moderate and above credit ratings.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one of these earlier in the week too for 11.99% and I shredded it. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.