Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO AMEX R.S.V.P

tag
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

FNBO AMEX R.S.V.P

So I received an invitionation by mail for this card...never heard of them...Its a NPSL card...so I wanted to ask your thoughts about this card:

• No Annual Fee.*
  • Call in or go online for a $25 reward check or rebate to your checking, savings or credit card account for every $2,500 in purchases on the card.†
  • There's no limit to the amount of points you can earn. You have 3 years from when points are awarded to use them before they expire.
  • Travel accident insurance, supplemental car rental insurance, roadside assistance, and more - all built into your Card at no extra cost.‡
  • Paperless statements - no more paper or mailbox clutter.
  • Online access to view transactions, pay your bill, view up to 7 years of prior statements and more!

0% intro APR* on purchases until June 2015
0% intro APR* on balance transfers until November 2015
Then, a variable 11.99% to 19.99% APR based on the Prime Rate,
depending on how you meet our credit criteria
Earn points on qualifying purchases
Find out if you're approved in as little as 60 seconds!

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: FNBO AMEX R.S.V.P

They offer free EX Fico every month

future sp CLI

I don't know that the rewards are normally anything extremely special but great for good CL's and future CLI's sp's... I have seen many people see their FNBO cards become largest CL's in portfolio because of the sp cli.

they seem to be extremly inq sensitive but golden when they send you out an offer!

Message 2 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

They offer free EX Fico every month

future sp CLI

I don't know that the rewards are normally anything extremely special but great for good CL's and future CLI's sp's... I have seen many people see their FNBO cards become largest CL's in portfolio because of the sp cli.

they seem to be extremly inq sensitive but golden when they send you out an offer!

+1.

Between, I was just approved for it yesterday and I applied without any preapproval. I had 2 inquiries on my EX in last 2 months. 

Message 3 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I keep receiving these invites and throwing them away as there is no excuse for a 1% card these days.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

I keep receiving these invites and throwing them away as there is no excuse for a 1% card these days.

Maybe they think offering an EX FICO makes up for it.

Message 5 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Maybe they think offering an EX FICO makes up for it.

Exactly!! I get free TU scores on my Discover and Barclays cards. This will give me EX and hopefully Citi will be offering EQ from January, so I have all 3 of them covered. I do not think I am going to use this card much after having Citi Double Cash and Fidelity Amex.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wife and I rec'd offers from FNBO for our local bank First National Bank of Texas.

We gave it some thought and seeing as there's a 99% chance it's an EX pull we held off.

Message 7 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The wife and I rec'd offers from FNBO for our local bank First National Bank of Texas.

We gave it some thought and seeing as there's a 99% chance it's an EX pull we held off.

Yup they pulled EX for me as well. It's logical considering they provide scores from them.

Message 8 of 12
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Well I have the costco IDGuard which runs about $10 a month for quartely credit reports and Identy theft Protection....so I am covered for that.

But its nice to have an additional place to get your credit scores from.

I am still considering this...the only problem is the rewards is luckluster.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IcEWoLF wrote:

Well I have the costco IDGuard which runs about $10 a month for quartely credit reports and Identy theft Protection....so I am covered for that.

But its nice to have an additional place to get your credit scores from.

I am still considering this...the only problem is the rewards is luckluster.

Creditsecure is $25/mo :/

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.