cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Amex - Adding AU - Credit History Benefit?

tag
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

FNBO Amex - Adding AU - Credit History Benefit?

Does anyone have personal knowledge of whether or not if when adding an AU to an FNBO Amex account, the AU will inherit the cardholder's history and usage? I'm considering adding 3 of my relatives and NOT releasing the cards to them for use. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Amex - Adding AU - Credit History Benefit?

#Bump
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry you haven't gotten a definitive answer. I don't have experience on the AU, but generally from what I read on here, that history would carry over. I don't recall seeing instances when it does not.

Just to be sure, try searching the threads on AU for your specific lender. I would think you'll find some info. Hopefully, by me responding, someone else with experience on this will reply.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Thanks RM! I have search various forums and had no success in finding the answer. If I understand it correctly, AMEX no longer reports the credit history of the cardholder on an AU's credit report. However, the Amex issued by FNBO is on a different network. I'm hoping the AU does inherit the cardholder's FNBO/Amex history. I really don't want to use my other cards for this purpose because I don't want to cause conflict if they are listed as AU's on my account and attempt to acquire those very cards on their own.
Message 4 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I don't know about prior history, but when my DP opened a SavingStar Amex (issued by First Bankcard, a division of FNBO) the history has been posted to all three bureaus as an AU for me. We don't use the card much, and since SavingStar only offers the rewards benefits to the primary cardholder I'm really hoping that at some point they will solicit me to apply for the card in my own name.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 6
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

I don't know about prior history, but when my DP opened a SavingStar Amex (issued by First Bankcard, a division of FNBO) the history has been posted to all three bureaus as an AU for me. We don't use the card much, and since SavingStar only offers the rewards benefits to the primary cardholder I'm really hoping that at some point they will solicit me to apply for the card in my own name.

Thanks for your response CUF! I plan on phoning them to additionally inquire about the max number of AU's they will permit me to add to this account.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.