cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Amex from 2015 (originally at 6.25% V APR back then) has new rewards options effective 10/19/19

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

FNBO Amex from 2015 (originally at 6.25% V APR back then) has new rewards options effective 10/19/19

FYI:  if anyone may remember the FNBO Amex from 2015 that was offered on a limited-time basis (also originally at a go-to APR of 6.25% V back then, currently 8.25% V with the recent Fed rate cut), as of this month's statement, it is offering new rewards options that will be effective starting 10/19/19.  The original rewards terms, iirc, were that you could get 1.5% cashback on all purchases, redeemable for statement credits in increments of $25, and that rewards points will expire after 3 years if unused.  

The new rewards changes read as follows on my statement:

IMPORTANT UPDATES TO YOUR REWARDS PROGRAM (effective October 19, 2019)

• Your rewards program will soon have more to offer! In addition to the existing cash back redemption
    options, your program will have gift cards, merchandise, and magazine subscription redemption
    choices.
  • Starting 10/19/19, shop for rewards 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Just log in to your account and
    click on the rewards website link on the Account Detail page.

There will be no change on 10/19/19 to the way reward points are earned or to any existing reward point
balance you may have at that time.

Your rewards program's Terms and Conditions are being updated effective 10/19/19 to reflect these
changes. To see the updated rewards Terms and Conditions now, log in to your account and click
the rewards Terms and Conditions link. Or call the Customer Care number on the back of your card
for a printed version.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO Amex from 2015 (originally at 6.25% V APR back then) has new rewards options effective 10/1

@galahad15 ... been a card holder with FNBO for some time and I think you are getting a new FNBO! Never knew them to offer rewards as described in your post. Talk about breaking their own mold! Unreal!
Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Amex from 2015 (originally at 6.25% V APR back then) has new rewards options effective 10/1

I have never known FNBO to change the rewards program of any card, you had to app for any new offers of such. I have an Amex with them that was originally a Discover with them just checked my statement to see as I never actually read them, no dice. Very interesting that they are doing this only for one card.

Message 3 of 6
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Update:  for this month's statement from my 2015-issue FNBO BucksBack VS card with 2% cashback on all purchases, I just noticed that I received the same rewards program update language as from my original post with the 2015-issue FNBO Amex.  Always nice to have more rewards options available!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

I've had the FNBO AMEX card with rewards for several years now.     

They are changing things up a bit and have been agreesively offering me other deals as well with low interest rates and loans.       Not sure what is up with them but they are up to something.....

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Sounds like they are shuffling up the company that handles the rewards system or at the very least the existing company is now offering more options. The new choices as far as I can see are actually going to cost you more in points or roughly the same if it is a GC as those are more restricted cash. Regardless it is nice to have options.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.