Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Bank and First Bank

tag
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

FNBO Bank and First Bank

Does anyone know if FNBO Bank is the same thing as or owns First Bank?  I've got cards from both and wondered if FNBO just managed the credit cards for First Bank (kind of like Elan does for other banks) or if FNBO owns/is First Bank. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Bank and First Bank

There are several First Bank entities throughout the country and us territories, OP. Which First Bank are you referring to? Is this a local bank in your area or state?

FWIW, FNBO = First National Bank of Omaha and its former brand/affiliate, First Bankcard (which was recently restructured and re-branded as FNBO), is the issuer behind many different co-branded cards from a variety of entities.

Message 2 of 8
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

There are several First Bank entities throughout the country and us territories, OP. Which First Bank are you referring to? Is this a local bank in your area or state?

FWIW, FNBO = First National Bank of Omaha and its former brand/affiliate, First Bankcard (which was recently restructured and re-branded as FNBO), is the issuer behind many different co-branded cards from a variety of entities.

Thanks @FinStar.  I got the card from First Bank that was posted awhile back and I rememeber someone stating that the back end was run by FNBO and I'm not sure what that means but thought maybe it was like Elan. I wanted to watch out to make sure that I didn't apply for anything related to FNBO (both personal and business) in the near future because I now have 4 of their cards including the First Bank card and I don't want to risk any adverse actions or CLD's etc. I got them over the last 18 months.

I noticed some sites offer cards and when I read the page down towards the bottom it says that FNBO is the card issuer for that bank, so I am going to watch closely to make sure I don't accidentally apply for something like that for awhile.  Do you think waiting at least 6 months is probably best between any apps at FNBO?  Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks @FinStar.  I got the business card from First Bank that was posted awhile back and I rememeber someone stating that the back end was run by FNBO and I'm not sure what that means but thought maybe it was like Elan. I wanted to watch out to make sure that I didn't apply for anything related to FNBO (both personal and business) in the near future because I now have 4 of their cards including the First Bank card and I don't want to risk any adverse actions or CLD's etc. I got them over the last 18 months.

I noticed some sites offer business cards and when I read the page down towards the bottom it says that FNBO is the card issuer for that bank, so I am going to watch closely to make sure I don't accidentally apply for something like that for awhile.  Do you think waiting at least 6 months is probably best between any apps at FNBO?  Thanks.

I would say that, all things considered if you're not constantly applying for new accounts elsewhere, then ~6 months is a safe distance for any FNBO applications, personal & biz. It's always a good idea to open up the application to determine who the lender is (if there is some lending partnership), since often times it could be FNBO or ELAN as you mentioned.

Obviously, anything business-related needs to be discussed in the Business Credit section of the forums.

Message 4 of 8
bigseegar
Established Contributor

There is a First Bank here on the Southern East coast in a couple States that is just that, First Bank and has no relationship to FNBO or any other bank or card issuer.

Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

There is a First Bank here on the Southern East coast in a couple States that is just that, First Bank and has no relationship to FNBO or any other bank or card issuer.

First Bank | MO Bank | IL Bank | CA Bank | Accounts | Loans    Family owned bank in CA/MO/IL and mortgages in Kansas.

Accounts, Mortgages, Loans and Banking Services | FirstBank (efirstbank.com)   Bank in AZ/CO/CA

First Bank Home Page (firstiowa.bank)  Iowa

etc

Pretty common!  Apparently when asking themselves "What should we call our bank?" the answer "I know, First Bank!" comes up a lot.  In contrast, a search for thirty-seventh bank returns no hits apart from branches with that in the address

Message 6 of 8
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bigseegar wrote:

First Bank | MO Bank | IL Bank | CA Bank | Accounts | Loans    Family owned bank in CA/MO/IL and mortgages in Kansas.

Accounts, Mortgages, Loans and Banking Services | FirstBank (efirstbank.com)   Bank in AZ/CO/CA

First Bank Home Page (firstiowa.bank)  Iowa

etc

Pretty common!  Apparently when asking themselves "What should we call our bank?" the answer "I know, First Bank!" comes up a lot.  In contrast, a search for thirty-seventh bank returns no hits apart from branches with that in the address

Straight First Bank - NC & SC

https://localfirstbank.com/

Message 7 of 8
pete19103
New Contributor

My personal favorite is Fifth Third Bank headquartered in Cincinnati.    Huh?   Makes a lot of sense (NOT!!)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.