Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Closed Ducks Unlimited!

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

FNBO Closed Ducks Unlimited!

Well it looks like my turn at the chopping block has begun.

Quite frankly i'm shocked I have skated through this long.

FNBO closed Ducks Unlimited and the 10k line that went with it

Still have the Platinum at 30,600 and the Amex at 18,500.

Just charges $1 to it in September to show activity.

I guess that isn't going to cut it anymore.

I fully expect Capital One, Synchrony and others to come whack away at my stash.

Bound to happen. My utilization is less than 1%. NEVER carry a balance.

I do spend a lot, but that is mostly AOD, Flagship and business cards.

Everything else is the coffee of the quarter club.

Have been on hold for about 15 minutes waiting to talk to a CSR, but i don't hold out hope.

It was good while it lasted.

Still hanging onto 728k available credit

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO Closed Ducks Unlimited!

Sorry they closed it but definitely not surprised they did as it’s not getting much use. 

Message 2 of 29
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Losing a $10K CL stinks but in reality the card's only significant differentiator was if one were grandfathered into the unlimited 5% cashback on gas, and it sounds like you haven't been recently leveraging that benefit. 

Still, sorry to read. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 29
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

If you still have $728,000 in credit limits, why do you care about losing a paltry $10,000, especially for a card you weren't using?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

Well it looks like my turn at the chopping block has begun.

Quite frankly i'm shocked I have skated through this long.

FNBO closed Ducks Unlimited and the 10k line that went with it

Still have the Platinum at 30,600 and the Amex at 18,500.

Just charges $1 to it in September to show activity.

I guess that isn't going to cut it anymore.

I fully expect Capital One, Synchrony and others to come whack away at my stash.

Bound to happen. My utilization is less than 1%. NEVER carry a balance.

I do spend a lot, but that is mostly AOD, Flagship and business cards.

Everything else is the coffee of the quarter club.

Have been on hold for about 15 minutes waiting to talk to a CSR, but i don't hold out hope.

It was good while it lasted.

Still hanging onto 728k available credit

Sorry to hear about the Ducks Unlimited closure @woodyman100.  How often were you using it?  Were these $1 automatic reloads?   Too bad you weren't able to consolidate it with your Platinum Visa before the closure.

Thanks for sharing this unfortunate outcome as your DPs are very helpful regardless if it was a $10K available credit loss.

This reminds me to review my entire FNBO relationship since I have 5 now 😬. I'm looking at possibly consolidating my Sun Country CC with the Ducks.  Of course, my last Icelandair and China Airlines approvals didn't help.

Message 5 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm going to have to use my DU card soon.. I did use it for some ammo about 4 months back and a tank a gas since, but really not driving much recently thanks to our not so friendly virus...   Will throw a few hundred charge on it on an upcoming bill and the 5% i dont really want to lose at sporting goods/gas when i do end up driving.  I have BTs offer coming left and right from them at 6.99 for life and 0% fee..  nope my regular nfcu platinum destroys that at 5.99 and no bt fee lol.  You are doing fine though woody where you lose one you gain another!

edit: just did lazy mode and put 25$ for amazon GC balance until I can get to purchasing more "sporting goods" in the next month.

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 this is all about image! If you get closed down what is going to happen to the small users?

Scary! Good you can cover this loss Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are not using it for 5% gas, I'm curious what you are using.  5% on gas should be an easy one to keep active IMO.

Message 8 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Alot of us telework now so i might fill up once a month?  Where I use to fill-up a few times a week

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear. But at $728K available, you can join coffee of the nanosecond club.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.