Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Closed Ducks Unlimited!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO Closed Ducks Unlimited!

@Loquat wrote:
With $728k in available credit you probably won't even notice but it still sucks all the same. Like you I have a few cards that I put less than 5 bucks on via Amazon reload to show activity but as you mentioned, that may not be good enough anymore. We shall see. I'm still shocked that CapOne hasn't slashed by $44.5k and that card gets VERY little use.

Agree, small amounts might not be good enough anymore. I try to put more than that on each card each month, but even that may not be good enough in the future. 

Message 21 of 29
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Might be worth noting that the Ducks Unlimited was issued by First Bankcard and the other two are issued by First National Bank of Omaha

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

Might be worth noting that the Ducks Unlimited was issued by First Bankcard and the other two are issued by First National Bank of Omaha

Wondering? Do not recall hearing or reading that FNBO or First National Bank of Omaha had been closing accounts or reducing credit limits? Interesting? Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 29
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

They just closed my Unicorn Travelite Amex. I expect the Platinum to go next.

Received the letter for the Ducks card. Inquiries is the sole reason listed for the closure.

Had been cooling off, but it may be time to quit playing the game for a couple of years.

I have plenty of credit. Utilization is less that 1%.

I can buy pretty much buy whatever I decide I want as long as I am not living in crazyland.

Have met some very nice people on these forums over the last 8 years.

I wish I could continue my relationship with some of you on another platform, but that would probably ruin the mystery.

Please take care.

Love you @FinStar  @Mahraja  @CreditCuriosity @pizza1 @12njoy and many others...

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 24 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:

Received the letter for the Ducks card. Inquiries is the sole reason listed for the closure.

Had been cooling off, but it may be time to quit playing the game for a couple of years.

I can buy pretty much buy whatever I decide I want as long as I am not living in crazyland.

I wish I could continue my relationship with some of you on another platform, but that would probably ruin the mystery.

Please take care.

Love you @FinStar  @Mahraja  @CreditCuriosity @pizza1 and many others...

Oh no!  Not the TravElite Unicorn 🦄😱.  That was one on my wishlist of CCs when invites were being sent out and apps were open for a short period years ago.  Sorry to hear about the FNBO situation @woodyman100.

How many inquiries have you had recently?  I'm assuming they're SP'ing EX and SageStream? 

Message 25 of 29
12njoy
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Please take care.

Love you @FinStar  @Mahraja  @CreditCuriosity @pizza1 @12njoy and many others...

Thanks woodyman.  Stay strong.  They come and go in this game of credit. I have 6 cards with them.  All at 25k with the exception of sun country Visa at 28.5k.  They have been sending me notices saying I haven't used my cards blah blah.  I guess I better start using those things.  I know I called them some months ago for a CLI  and they told me they had changed their criteria with credit score threshold and said they closed a number of accounts due to lower credit scores or higher thresholds, depending on how you look at it. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 26 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hey woody hopefully you choose to stay around as you would be missed, but understand if you need to step away for a bit as alot of us have more credit than we ever could use.  The economy for banks just stinks atm and about to get some more bank stocks tomorrow as I think they are a steal at their current prices especially BofA imho although a bit off subject just meaning banking/financial is really beaten down overall right now and seeing the in less approvals/clds/aa, etc despite profiles.

On another note FNBO has been sending me TONS of email recently saying use your ducks unlimited for unlimited cash back for anything, etc...  They are really pressing for useage whether i get any AA from approx 25-50$ in charges a month currently due to lack of driving I have no clue we will have to see how it plays out but certainly have some inquiries on Exp/Eq and TU for that matter as well!  

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

As was posted up thread the loss of the FNBO Travel Elite AX cards is undescribable.

Message 28 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Please take care.

Woody, its been a pleasure reading your journey these past couple years. I will never know the feeling of reaching many peoples level  of credit / income here but at least i can say i  had a ticket to their concert while passing through my time hereSmiley Wink.  I think for those who have extreme credit and are doing ok financially just have a chuckle at those creditors who dont want to stand by their customers who have been good to their bottom line in the good times but dont trust them in bad ( albeit if they werent showing signs of distress). 

I recently got my first cld, though most likely for nonusage,  but  i  just  took it in stride and expect more to come but know that in the end we will know what lenders are worth taking hps for lol. All my best for you and your family. And dont be a stranger here. You are always welcomeSmiley Happy AJC

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.