Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Evergreen, great fraud response

tag
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

FNBO Evergreen, great fraud response

This might be of interest to people, It is always to me because you learn quickly how great your financial institution is once bad stuff happens.

So, I set my Evergreen card to text me alerts every time there is a charge exceeding $100. Yesterday I get an alert asking if I made a charge of $2239.96 at Spectrum. That is our internet and TV provider here.

Of course, that was a big NO. I responded with no, they immediately declined the transaction. Gave me a phone call and after checking with Spectrum who couldn't find any charge like that on our account the card was canceled and replacements are on the way. They even offered fast delivery if needed.

What impressed me is how they identified this as a possible fraudulent charge, based on our usual monthly charge of $121 for the internet/TV package when other, much larger charges at Home Depot were not even questioned, just got the usual text alert about the transaction. BECU questioned a Home Depot charge and I found that to be annoying because we are buying a lot at Home Improvement stores for the past 2 years. 

So it looks FNBO will have your back when some creep tries to steal from you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: FNBO Evergreen, great fraud response

It is good to know they are watching your back. I do not have their card now but I am planning on getting one of their cards in 2023.

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats good to see. I was super happy how fast Langley FCU caught my super fraud but not so much in how long it took to fix and how Visa services deals with it not Langley. Different lender for sure but fraud is fraudSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Of course, it is in the issuer's interest to detect fraud ASAP because they are on the hook, not you.   But yes, good when it is as hassle free as possible.

Message 4 of 8
Trini88
Established Contributor

I set up alerts for every purchase I made with my FNBO card because I realized after going to the mall and all these random places I don't really go to and swiping my card (Christmas shopping), that they never seem to blink. Then again, only had them for 2 1/2 months so they don't really know my regular spending pattern yet in order to flag again.

Goal Cards:
Message 5 of 8
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Thats good to see. I was super happy how fast Langley FCU caught my super fraud but not so much in how long it took to fix and how Visa services deals with it not Langley. Different lender for sure but fraud is fraudSmiley Wink

@AverageJoesCredit Any details on that? Did it post already before it was caught? I am considering Langely down the road but if they handle stuff like that poorly, no thanks. 

Message 6 of 8
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@Trini88 wrote:

I set up alerts for every purchase I made with my FNBO card because I realized after going to the mall and all these random places I don't really go to and swiping my card (Christmas shopping), that they never seem to blink. Then again, only had them for 2 1/2 months so they don't really know my regular spending pattern yet in order to flag again.

See I like that part that they are not overprotective, as long as you get the alerts you can verify right away. And I check stuff daily anyway

Message 7 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Crowhelm wrote:

BECU questioned a Home Depot charge and I found that to be annoying because we are buying a lot at Home Improvement stores for the past 2 years. 

I still would have appreciated BECU questioning the charge(s)......being Xtra is better than nada. Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.