Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Evergreen?

tag
Gardener2

FNBO Evergreen?

Hello all! 

Currently gardening but I was just enticed with an FNBO offer for $14k prequalification on their evergreen card and just wanted to get some thoughts on this product and if people enjoy it as a DD? How is the FNBO platform to use? 

Currently using my CSP as a daily driver with the AMEX green, Fidelity visa signature and PenFed platinum rewards are my backups for spend right now. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Re: FNBO Evergreen?

Hey @Gardener2 welcome to the forums! I had the FNBO Evergreen and I think it's a great card. I use it very often on all sorts of day to day transactions. It's a good DD and since it's a visa it's accepted at places like Costco which can come in handy! The FNBO platform is nice at least to me the website feels like it needs a new refresh but it does it's job and isn't as bad as some other companies. Another thing I like about FNBO but this is just me I don't know if you have Cap1. I do and I also used to have QS and QS1 they used to let you personallize your card image FNBO does to. I love the feature. I tried it out the other day and put my dog on one of my card's not the Evergreen since I wanted to see how it would look first it came out good.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 2 of 12
Gardener2

Thank you for the reply! I use cotsco quite a bit and typically use my csp but I would like a straight cash back card, especially since the freedom flex turned into a MasterCard instead. That is all good to know and I am glad you like it! If the $14,000 offer actually turned into an approval since I know sometimes they may not, it would actually be my highest limit card by $3,000 over my CSP and my NFCU more rewards. 

I actually have grown a bit tired of the Fidelity Visa Signature in my rotation simply because I am not a huge fan of their website IMO and I don't use it enough to make depositing into my brokerage account worthwhile so this could be a good direct replacement for that. 

Message 3 of 12
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Yeah I like the card cash back wise. I did the pre approval for it that's how I got an offer for $15,000 I hit apply and bam instant approval. I was going to say in my last post don't you have a fidelity card? Why would another 2% one but I agree with you their I also have an Elan card and their website is really bad. It needs a huge refresh starting with the login screen! 

>
Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 12
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Rudy1 My Dog owns the cards, she doesn't need her pictures on them. I'm only an authorized user and I've been asking to put my picture on her daily driver card; got a big NO.

Message 5 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I have two 2% cards from FNBO. One is used for low rate BTs the other one I use as a catch all if there is no other 3% card or better in my arsenal for whatever the purchase may be.

Message 6 of 12
difringe
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I have two 2% cards from FNBO. One is used for low rate BTs the other one I use as a catch all if there is no other 3% card or better in my arsenal for whatever the purchase may be.

Are those low rate BTs still with the 5% BT fee?

Message 7 of 12
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

It looks as good a 2% no AF fee card as any.  Especially with the $200 intro bonus.

https://www.fnbo.com/personal-banking/credit-cards/evergreen/

Mod edit - please refrain from any business product discussions on this subforum @ptatohed.  There is a dedicated section of the forums where this topic is already discussed extensively in Business Credit - thanks for your understanding.

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 8 of 12
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

It looks as good a 2% no AF fee card as any.  Especially with the $200 intro bonus.

https://www.fnbo.com/personal-banking/credit-cards/evergreen/

Mod edit - please refrain from any business product discussions on this subforum @ptatohed.  There is a dedicated section of the forums where this topic is already discussed extensively in Business Credit - thanks for your understanding.

Sorry.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 9 of 12
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I just got this card recently. I think it's a good card. They do require you to redeem rewards in $25 increments, which I find annoying, but it's fine as long as they pay the 2%. Their website looks a bit old, but it does work well and have all the functions you want (FICO score, CLI button, statement closing date listed, etc). They also have a really nice graph of what ctagoeires you spent money on during the current cycle, which is a feature I didn't know I wouild want or need. I like it. 

Like the other poster, I think the 0% BT is a bit annoying due to the 5% fee. I wanted to BT something over there, but it doesn't make sense due to that high of a fee. I am also trying not to sppok them at the moment by doing a substantial BT to a new card. I was approved for this card with negative items showing on my report and I know they are a bit trigger happy with shutting some people down. My CL is $11,600 with an ongoing APR of 23.99%. Not bad, IMO.

I am using this card as a replacement for my Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa. They recently upped the redemptions to $50 and they discontinued my card. I expect it to be nerfed at some point (either into no rewards or into the Visa Signature, which gives 1.5% instead of 2%, unless you jump through some extra hoops).

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.