Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO LaQuinta Card ends abruptly

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

FNBO LaQuinta Card ends abruptly

From an Email Notice:

Our card relationship with First National Bank of Omaha is ending effective September 19, 2017, at which time the La Quinta Returns™ Visa® card will no longer earn La Quinta Returns™ Points.

You will be advised by First National Bank of Omaha on what will happen to your account after September 19.2017.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO LaQuinta Card ends abruptly

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

From an Email Notice:

Our card relationship with First National Bank of Omaha is ending effective September 19, 2017, at which time the La Quinta Returns™ Visa® card will no longer earn La Quinta Returns™ Points.

You will be advised by First National Bank of Omaha on what will happen to your account after September 19.2017.

So the upside to this is we no longer get to watch those terrible "Master of Business Travel" La Quinta ads on Hulu, right?

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

From an Email Notice:

So the upside to this is we no longer get to watch those terrible "Master of Business Travel" La Quinta ads on Hulu, right?

It's strange alright. Been seeing them throw tons of money into commercials lately but then they decide to break off with FNBO now.

Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully FNBO pulls a Chase and just PC's cards.  My Lauinta card is actually one of my higher limit cards, I'd hate to lose it altogether.

Message 4 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Hopefully FNBO pulls a Chase and just PC's cards.  My Lauinta card is actually one of my higher limit cards, I'd hate to lose it altogether.

I just got my first SP CLI on it only last month and it already showed great promise to grow pretty well.

We should know something as they said by next month but i'm willing to bet if we call into FNBO anytime now they can likely give us a heads up on what to expect.

So i'm calling Monday and see what they say.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I was planning to post about this this morning! OP beat me to it.

My question is, are there any decent FNBO cards to PC to?

We use LQ a lot and make good use of the points. Years back, we got the Chase LQ card for 40k points and rode that one out till LQ severed their relationship with Chase. A while after the FNBO card came out, we got that one for another round of bonus points. On the plus side, if/when they go with yet new partner it'll be a good excuse to rack up another 20-40k points by signing up for a new card.

In the meantime, my past experience with other issuers makes me think I might have the opportunity to PC the dying FMBO LQ card to some other card that FNBO offers. Thing is, I'm not seeing much in the FNBO catalog that would be worthwhile for me. I have a lot of category coverage already, a floor of 2% on everything else, currently getting 3% on everything for the next nine months or so, and almost always pursuing some type of spending bonus. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing an FNBO card that would goose my rewards earning much.

Without a rewards-based option, I'm left to consider a frivolous choice. Not sure if co-branded cards would be an option, but I'd consider the Yale credit card (make myself look smarter), the National Geographic card (because it has a cool leopard on the card), or the NRA card, not because I have any particular affinity for or against the NRA, but just because it's so politically incorrect (sort of the same reason that, though I don't give a rat's behind about football, when I got the Barclay NFL Extra Points card I specifically chose the Green Bay Packers card design just because I'm in the heart of Chicago Bears country).

Thoughts?

Chris.

Message 6 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If this is anything like when then shut down the SavingStar card, they changed that one into a 1.5% cash back card. I already had a 1.5% cash back card from FNBO with an extremely low APR, so I just moved the credit limit over instead. That was one step on the path that eventually got me a $50k FNBO credit card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 11
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Has this happened to an FNBO card recently? I know a lot of members here with big limits.
I hope they stay and are PC'd to a legacy card
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

If this is anything like when then shut down the SavingStar card, they changed that one into a 1.5% cash back card. I already had a 1.5% cash back card from FNBO with an extremely low APR, so I just moved the credit limit over instead. That was one step on the path that eventually got me a $50k FNBO credit card.

+1

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other shoe dropped today.  Looks like it's being replaced by the "Bucks Back" card, and it seems to be a flat 2% card, as near as I can tell, with a $25 automatic redemption.  Not bad; it may become my main driver after I'm over with the 3% Alliant card.  At a $25 redemption, it has the slightest edge over the Fidelity card, methinks.

Chris.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

From an Email Notice:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.