Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Making Things Stupid

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: FNBO Making Things Stupid

I can confirm this applies to their First Bankcard managed accounts, too.  My China Airlines card minimum payment ended in .27 on this month's statement.

Message 11 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

On a more lighter note and unrelated. I must say all the years after i finally got in with FNBO they were also and i venture still are top notch. My cards saw regular & generous increases like clockwork on their schedule. Staff CSR's were always helpful and always up front to do with my card accounts or any other questions and concerns.

So what's pennies anymore anyway. Its still doable math.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did find this stupid as well.

I know just like OP, I cant get rid of my FNBO.

Their 5.99/6.99% BT Offers are very inticing and have saved me so much on interest when I have a car repair or something that I can't just pay off in a month or two like my normal monthly charges.

Message 13 of 15
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Appears as of Feb 2021 minimum due now includes cents, what a waste..... If it were not for the good BT offers they would be closed.

Additional Information Regarding Your Account

The minimum payment amount due may include cents. It is calculated without rounding ortruncation. Please refer to your Rates and Terms Schedule and Cardmember Agreement formore detailed information on how we calculate your minimum payment.

I have a FNBO card and yeah if it weren't for the good BT offers I'd dump it. But I didn' even notice my most recent statement had that for a minimum payment, Fifty-eight dollars and thirty-four cents. $58.34??? Seriously??? I've been making even $100 payments so I didn't notice. But next month I think I'll pay them $100.34, two can play that game. Smiley Wink

But I always stop when I see a word I've never seen before: "Ortruncation"? Who the hell uses a word like that when communicating with customers? But it was a bit of a problem with your copy & paste, my statement says "It is calculated without rounding or truncation. Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny how I just recently posted that FNBO has given great BT Offers but they even topped my best offer.

Originally I went with their 6.99% APR BT offer with no BT fee.

Recently I had some debt on my Citi Simplicity (they converted to Double Cash since) but it's 0% APR is expiring near end of June.

I was waiting to jump on their 5.99% Fixed with 1% BT fee offer as I still had time and wanted to maximize left Citi 0% months.

I'm glad I waited as just got offered 4.99% APR with 2% BT fee.

I don't really like 2% vs 1% fee and wish it was no fee like the 6.99% but I calculated, much better to hop on the 4.99% deal.

This makes up for my weird $89.52 minimum payment....LoL

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.