cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO fee for "CA adjacent" transactions

CloverFig
New Member

FNBO fee for "CA adjacent" transactions

I saw a post somewhere where someone mentioned that they had been unexpectedly charged a cash advance fee on their FNBO card. I can't find the original post but it was a purchase transaction that FNBO had considered to be similar to a cash advance. FNBO wasn't willing to refund the fee to the cardholder.

 

Does anyone have data points on what FNBO does and doesn't consider to be a cash advance?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO fee for "CA adjacent" transactions


@CloverFig wrote:

I saw a post somewhere where someone mentioned that they had been unexpectedly charged a cash advance fee on their FNBO card. I can't find the original post but it was a purchase transaction that FNBO had considered to be similar to a cash advance. FNBO wasn't willing to refund the fee to the cardholder.

 

Does anyone have data points on what FNBO does and doesn't consider to be a cash advance?


 

I believe the only way to get a full and current list would be from FNBO

 

By definition a lot of things can be considered a cash advance / cash equivalent spend. 

Each issuer has the final say as to what they consider a cash advance / cash equivalent charge.

Citi does not care about gold, silver, coins however Amex does.

It would be nice if each issuer spelled out how you can use your card.

 

Some common cash equivalent categories:

Money orders, coins, gold, silver, foreign currency, short term bonds / treasury bills. crypto, lottery tickets, casino chips, racetrack wagers peer-to-peer money transfers such as pay-pal, venmo, account-funding transactions,  wire transfers,  cash from ATM, using the convenience checks, bail bonds, travelers checks, and I am sure that I have missed a few.

 

If you get a list, please post, it would be nice to see.  

Also ask if it is same for all FNBO issued cards or card specific.

 

Good Luck

 

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: FNBO fee for "CA adjacent" transactions


@Kforce wrote:

 

Some common cash equivalent categories:

Money orders, coins, gold, silver, foreign currency, short term bonds / treasury bills. crypto, lottery tickets, casino chips, racetrack wagers peer-to-peer money transfers such as pay-pal, venmo, account-funding transactions,  wire transfers,  cash from ATM, using the convenience checks, bail bonds, travelers checks, and I am sure that I have missed a few.

 

 

 


V/MC/Amex gift cards.

Message 3 of 6
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: FNBO fee for "CA adjacent" transactions

I saw this thread title and thought FNBO was going to charge me a fee for using my card next to California....

Message 4 of 6
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

Re: FNBO fee for "CA adjacent" transactions


@ChargedUp wrote:

I saw this thread title and thought FNBO was going to charge me a fee for using my card next to California....


😂 lol 


Message 5 of 6
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO fee for "CA adjacent" transactions

I got charged a cash advance fee for a Crypto.com purchase using the FNBO Evergreen card....

Bummer- immediate interest rate charge started.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.