cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FR by AMEX passed... now apply for a different credit card?!

tag
mikikuki7

FR by AMEX passed... now apply for a different credit card?!

,I sent all the paperwork they required.

AMEX Cash Back-9,500

AMEX Delta - 2,000

AMEX Premier Rewards- No pre-set spending limit...

They approved everything and they took the hold off my account. I want to apply for a business account and I noticed that the AMEX SimplyCash Business sounds good... My Salary is 180k yearly and I do not have anything else in my CR that I owe. Nothing bad what so ever.

I want to know if you guys recommend for me to apply and might get approved... or just not to apply for anything anymore...or may be another credit card?!?

Your thoughts... I will welcome all comments!!!

Thanks

Fico Score- 710 ... 5+-

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Re: FR by AMEX passed... now apply for a different credit card?!

What triggered the financial review?

Message 2 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Omnipotent wrote:

What triggered the financial review?

This.

I would be hesitant on apply for more AMEX cards just coming off of a FR.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 19
gstq34
Contributor

Any idea why the FR?  I have a few new cards with them, including the Platinum Charge, and really don't like the idea of a card that has PMS!

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 19
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I too think the reason for the FR would be key to answering your question. It would also be good information for other AMEX members to have.

Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The FR is over and they didn't tough your CL's or set a hard limit to your charge... YES, Apply for the business card now... you are good to go!

Message 6 of 19
mikikuki7

I was out of town and my wife used the credit card for a month, I used it, but she did 90% of the transactions and that's what triggered the FR.

AMEX wanted to make sure that I could have enough income to pay for her purchases since the card is under my name.

I told them that then, why give them extra cards? May be I will have my kids to the shopping, errands or what not. You know what I mean?

Any way, send check stubs and bank accounts for the last three months and they removed the hold.

I applied and it says I have to call wihtin the next two days for the SimplyCash AMEX. Do I have to really call?! Now, that is annoying... I'm on the phone with all the time at work, and then to be on hold for 10 min! -.-

Message 7 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would call.... probably good sign that they just want to verify that you are applying and finish the process... bet it's approved!

Message 8 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That seems to be a quite common cause for FR: frivilous AU spend! Lol

It has been reported w many Biz CC apps that they like to have a lengthy detailed convo with you about the nature of the biz and what accounting methods you use.. Lol

Good luck! -.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

The issue with Amex protocol (which I experienced with Serve), is once you've been "tagged" for a certain risk type, the likelihood of being flagged again is greatly increased.  It's similar to the IRS for people tagged for potential audits.

All things being equal, I'd suspect for the next year or two, you may pop up on all sorts of triggers which will require an "added" level of documentation.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.