Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FR'd Amex and a much better FICO / higher income

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

FR'd Amex and a much better FICO / higher income

Last fall my DW's  Amex gold card got FR'd; and a $4k monthly spend limit was set.  Since then, we've paid off all our revolving debt, and her fico has increased from 645 to 735.  We'd like to upgrade to the Platinum card, have the monthly spend limit removed, and have the sign/travel option activated on our account for large single purchases.  When Amex did the FR, they verified her income from before we were married ('09 tax return)...with the nearly 100 point increase in FICO and reported income increasing by about 3x; if I call Amex via the back door number do you think I can get an account manager to make these changes ? 

BoA $4k limit/ 0 balance

Discover $5k limit / 0 balance

US Bank $3.2k limit / 0 balance

AT&T Universal Card $25k limit / 0 balance

Cheers,

n777ua

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: FR'd Amex and a much better FICO / higher income

You'll never know until you try.

It's pointless to try to explain Amex.  They don't have any set rules.  They treat everyone differently on a case by case basis.  Oh, and they like to come up with some BS reasons on a case by case basis to explain their actions.

Goodluck.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FR'd Amex and a much better FICO / higher income

@n777ua wrote:

Last fall my DW's  Amex gold card got FR'd; and a $4k monthly spend limit was set.  Since then, we've paid off all our revolving debt, and her fico has increased from 645 to 735.  We'd like to upgrade to the Platinum card, have the monthly spend limit removed, and have the sign/travel option activated on our account for large single purchases.  When Amex did the FR, they verified her income from before we were married ('09 tax return)...with the nearly 100 point increase in FICO and reported income increasing by about 3x; if I call Amex via the back door number do you think I can get an account manager to make these changes

BoA $4k limit/ 0 balance

Discover $5k limit / 0 balance

US Bank $3.2k limit / 0 balance

AT&T Universal Card $25k limit / 0 balance

Cheers,

n777ua

Who knows?   Not able to answer to that question.

Why you don't keep the balance on one of your ccs.   You should let one balance report.  May be up to $100 on your BoA or Discover or US Bank ... or up to $300 on AT&T (Total Util will be less than 1%).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.