Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FR

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

FR

did i hear somewhere on these threads that amex doesn't really do FR's on cards with a CL pf 3k and lower?

The longer you are with them do they still do FR's?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FR

@laryn41 wrote:
did i hear somewhere on these threads that amex doesn't really do FR's on cards with a CL pf 3k and lower?

It is my understanding they intend on FR all of their card members at some point.

With those with CL of 2% of Gross income- I think they won't be first in line.
Message 2 of 39
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

i am a waitress.I used my husbands income too.  I can prove his.  Mine is hard to verify.  I was totally honest with this app.  Maybe it;s not a great ides to activate.
Message 3 of 39
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Laryn,

Enjoy your new card and don't worry about FRs right now.  Just be responsible with the card and don't ask for CLIs every week.  Build a solid history with AMEX and let them raise your CL.  They are not out to get you.  They have much bigger fish to fry!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 39
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

awesome thank you.
Message 5 of 39
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

i only have a cl of 1k.  Guess i shouldn't convert or get a cli at ativation.  Don't want to burn the candel at both ends...
Message 6 of 39
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask to convert.  If you don't fly frequently then I would say yes you might want to try for a Blue.  Just my opinion!
Message 7 of 39
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

awesome
Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laryn41 wrote:

well if it helps any, i just got FR'd last night. fax'd them what they wanted today. downside is that they only ask for your information, and not the "household" as you reported on your application. my own income is at the mid-45k's, but my household income is at 85k, but we'll see what comes of it. my limit was only 1k as well
Message 9 of 39
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

How long have you had the card ibe?  Did you ask for a bunch of CLIs?
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.