Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FR

I guess I'm just **bleep** and think I'm entitled to my privacy. Not gonna hurt to show my ID when using my Visa, but I don't have to so I'm not gonnaSmiley Very Happy DEATH to the Wally World nazisSmiley Very Happy

Gotta learn to use the word retentive so the board doesn't bleep meSmiley Very Happy  I would never use profanity

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-30-2007 10:48 PM
Message 31 of 39
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

LOL Crazy man comin' thru!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would expect to be treated as an adult hence I will not activate my card. I wanted AMEX so much and when I applied , I was happy to be approved for a $2,000. But after realising that they do FR to folks for no reason.....I am just not activating. Let the inq stay on. However if i do not activate, no harm done and will not show on credit report at all....because I did not activate. Is that right?
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would expect to be treated as an adult hence I will not activate my card. I wanted AMEX so much and when I applied , I was happy to be approved for a $2,000. But after realising that they do FR to folks for no reason.....I am just not activating. Let the inq stay on. However if i do not activate, no harm done and will not show on credit report at all....because I did not activate. Is that right?

Nope. You will have to request specifically when you reject the card that they do not post the account to your CR or if they have already done this (most likely), ask Amex to remove from credit report. They should be cool about that. They still have great customer service. The faster you act the better chances you have that maybe it didn't hit yet. You might have to call back in 30 days to remind them. It won't come off until the next month if they are willing to do it. I'm keeping my Amex but I'm not going to ask for another CLI. I was going to apply for 2 more, but changed my mind because of all the hassle I have been hearing about.
Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

It may be there already. 

Not likely, it took amost three months for them to report on the CRA's for me.
Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

montana wrote:
. Let the inq stay on. However if i do not activate, no harm done and will not show on credit report at all....because I did not activate. Is that right?

No... you agreed to the terms the account is open. Activation is only to confirm you received the card. Sorry you are stuck.... my only thought is to call and ask if you can change your mind. But, why? You didn't lie on your application. Just don't hit any of the "hot" buttons. Don't ask for CLI. Don't convert and don't apply for more than one of their cards. Seems to me  most of the FR's are on people that got a little greedy.
Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I 'll mke my decision in the morning. Still it's not good on your report if it shows closed by lender.
Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

FR???
Message 38 of 39
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

financial review
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.