Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREEDOM VS CSP CREDIT LIMIT

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: FREEDOM VS CSP CREDIT LIMIT

I think yfan hit the nail on the head. While there will be some with higher organic limits (not from moving over trade lines or PCs), the general rule seems to be that Freedoms come with lower limits and certainly the underwriting has higher standards for CSP/CSR. I was denied a CLI on my $4200 Freedom that has been open for about 12 years the same day that I was approved for a SL of $12k on CSP.
Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FREEDOM VS CSP CREDIT LIMIT

In addition to everything already stated (and I would even go so far to say that for most of the quarters even $1K is sufficient without multiple payments to the Freedom unless you're trying to solve it with $1500 at a single shot, which I've done occasionally) that we have absolutely no information on the internal product restrictions at Chase.

Different credit products from the same lender have different features and CL is one such even for the identical customer.  

There are some places (First Tech Credit Union is one such) which actually publish some of that data (i.e. their base card is 10-25K, their premier travel card is 25-100K) but while Chase doesn't publish this publically to my knowledge, likely every lender does have these sorts of features to their credit card products.

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.