Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: BEFCU recently increased their formerly as-low-as 4.99% F to 7.99% F

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

FYI: BEFCU recently increased their formerly as-low-as 4.99% F to 7.99% F

FYI:  as far as I am best aware, and I believe actually sometime last week, BEFCU has (sadly, imo) recently increased their formerly as-low-as 4.99% F VISA card offering to 7.99% F (link, see near the bottom of this linked page for the updated interest rate).

IME, I'm glad I was able to get in at 5.49% F in 2017, also when BEFCU was also formerly allowing apps outside of CA, since they are now presently geofenced to CA.  While I know of course that 5.49% F is not the former-lowest rate of 4.99% F, I was still delighted with the 5.49% F rate that I received, since prior to my BEFCU VISA, my previous lowest-fixed-rate card of all time was my Citi DPR card at 5.99% F (now closed, after when Citi tried to RJ me to double-digit variable rates, during the time of CARD Act).

ETA:  tbh, I was kind of waiting for this shoe to drop, since the previous-lowest rate of 4.99% F was unsustainable with modern-day inflationary pressures.  I was actually pleasantly surprised that they offered the 4.99% F rate as long as they did (from at least 2017 or earlier - 7/2023, iirc).  The good news is thus far to date, all of the lower original rates, vs. present-day higher rates, of all of my fixed-rate cards have not changed or increased so far; hoping that they will remain grandfathered that way into the future, but of course you never know if/when even any or all fixed-APR cards will eventually increase, given today's red-hot inflationary trends.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: FYI: BEFCU recently increased their formerly as-low-as 4.99% F to 7.99% F

This credit union has the most limited field of membership I have ever seen Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 3
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: FYI: BEFCU recently increased their formerly as-low-as 4.99% F to 7.99% F

One thing I'd love to have is a fixed rate card. Especially if I could get in with something like a 4 or 5% rate. It would be a nice "Ace in the hole" to have available.

Also it wouldn't be a FIXED RATE if it went up with the Fed rate. This is a bet the bank/CU makes when they offer it and why most FIs don't offer one at all.

3/4/23

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.