cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI, Discover Doesn't Always Pull Monthly FICO SCORE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, Discover Doesn't Always Pull Monthly FICO SCORE!!!

I just received a response to a email that I sent to Discover regarding my FICO score.  For 4 months Discover has reported my FICO score with no change.  This was counter to Walmarts FICO score and the several letters that I have received from Synchrony...you know the letters where you have asked for 25,000 CLI and you get 15,000.  SYnchrony sends the letter which includes your FICO score on the day of the request/decision.

The gist of Discovers response is that while they do attempt to pull a monthly bureau score, they CAN report the same score for up to 89 days.  I knew this was happening.  There was way too many changes to my credit report for no score changes to take place.   Synchrony is such a great indicator for me,  Synchrony cardholders know that increases are heavily tied to your TU score and my recent CLI's with them after three month, I knew my score had increased! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FYI, Discover Doesn't Always Pull Monthly FICO SCORE!!!

If I had any non store cards from synch b they probably would be my favorite bank, so far its still capital one.

What tu score did you have and how long had you had the card that you got 15K limit on? I want a 5-10K limit on my amazon but Its only been opened a month.

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Yup, this has been pointed out in the past -- see also prior discussions.  It seems more likely if there has been no activity on the account.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

Yup, this has been pointed out in the past -- see also prior discussions.  It seems more likely if there has been no activity on the account.

This could be a good reason. Have you been using the discover card? Also, maybe they use different FICO models? Just a thought

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had Discover for two years and they provide a new TU FICO for me monthly. Several people have mentioned that it may not update if you are not using the card monthly, so I don't know if that is a factor, as mine has updated each month.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.