cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Save money on gas with your Walmart Cards!

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

FYI: Save money on gas with your Walmart Cards!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: FYI: Save money on gas with your Walmart Cards!

Damn no Walmart gas stations in MA,
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 38
jsucool76
Super Contributor

None here by me either in gainesville. 

Sucks D: 

Message 3 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

lol, didn't realize how "lucky" i was to have at least 3 with the Murphy's gas stations within 5-10 min away.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

OmG I'm jealous,  I don't think we have a Murphy USA nearby.  Wow.  thanks for posting this!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

OmG I'm jealous,  I don't think we have a Murphy USA nearby.  Wow.  thanks for posting this!

just make a trip to Tulsa!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 6 of 38
Jlu
Established Contributor

^be sure to bring a tanker so it's worth the trip!

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 7 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

^be sure to bring a tanker so it's worth the trip!

lol, i'm not sure where she lives in relation to Tulsa...i just seen a post before stating she lived in rural Oklahoma. There's several in the Tulsa, OKC, and other areas of Oklahoma.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Too much traffic and construction. I don't drive to Tulsa just to save money on gas. I would end up wasting it by sitting there in traffic, at a dead standstill going NOWHERE just because people can't drive Smiley Sad

I want a QT gas card very badly, as my husband and I spend about $900 per month there.   Sadly I was declined back in Feb.  I will app again when I go on my spree next year.

I own a house in Tulsa but I converted it to a rental in 2011, the traffic from road constrction made my daily commute a nightmare. I could never gaurantee that I would be there in time to pick my daughter up from school. At 6 PM!  So we moved out west, rural neighborhood. Perfect for us and the dogs. closer to my work, no major highways.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Too much traffic and construction. I don't drive to Tulsa just to save money on gas. I would end up wasting it by sitting there in traffic, at a dead standstill going NOWHERE just because people can't drive Smiley Sad

I want a QT gas card very badly, as my husband and I spend about $900 per month there.   Sadly I was declined back in Feb.  I will app again when I go on my spree next year.

Don't get me started on Tulsa traffic right now. Between the constant construction for the past 5+yrs, and idiot drivers it IS horrible most of the time. I work downtown as well. At least my hours are so that I beat traffic in the mornings and miss traffic in the evenings.

My wife and I shop at Reasor's quite a bit and take advantage of their "rewards" card to get gas discounts at QT, but there have been several times when we were suppose to get big savings and only got the 5 cents per gallon. I guess a savings is a savings.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.