cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Save money on gas with your Walmart Cards!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FYI: Save money on gas with your Walmart Cards!

@j_casteel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

OmG I'm jealous,  I don't think we have a Murphy USA nearby.  Wow.  thanks for posting this!

just make a trip to Tulsa!

Too much traffic and construction. I don't drive to Tulsa just to save money on gas. I would end up wasting it by sitting there in traffic, at a dead standstill going NOWHERE just because people can't drive Smiley Sad

I want a QT gas card very badly, as my husband and I spend about $900 per month there.   Sadly I was declined back in Feb.  I will app again when I go on my spree next year.

Don't get me started on Tulsa traffic right now. Between the constant construction for the past 5+yrs, and idiot drivers it IS horrible most of the time. I work downtown as well. At least my hours are so that I beat traffic in the mornings and miss traffic in the evenings.

My wife and I shop at Reasor's quite a bit and take advantage of their "rewards" card to get gas discounts at QT, but there have been several times when we were suppose to get big savings and only got the 5 cents per gallon. I guess a savings is a savings.

We only really got the "savings" once. It was 15 cents off per gallon.  We filled the truck up and it took 19.9 gallons. Close enough for me.   Most of the time our spending at Reasors is less than $50.  Our main groceries are vegetables, milk, eggs, bread.  Most of our meat comes from my husbands appetite for hunting (pigs, and deer), and our fish comes from his nephew, who trades the fish for arrows and bullets.  We buy our beef and other types of seafood at Sams Club.  My husband also has a knack for chemistry, and he makes our own laundry detergent. Its nice to be able to comment on what I would like to see in a detergent, and he mixes it up for me Smiley Wink.  He's been doing this for a year now, and his latest batch is a keeper. He mixes up 5 gallons at a time. I used to work in South Tulsa, had a home in South Tulsa, but when I changed jobs and started working in West Tulsa in 2009 the commute was aweful Smiley Sad

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I have been debating on getting the Walmart Discover,  but I haven't seen the point yet.  I think it is a viable alternative for those who cannot get the regular Discover card, or who will start rebuilding using a Wal Mart card.  I should have / could have apped for the Wal Mart card a few years ago while rebuilding, but I wasn't a part of this forum then, and I didn't consider it.

FICO 9:

Message 12 of 38
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

None close to me either Smiley Sad

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 13 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Homemade laundry detergent....thats awesome!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 14 of 38
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Holy freaking hell! This is just in time for 5% cash back ending on Freedom and More.

Message 15 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

Homemade laundry detergent....thats awesome!

Yep, I thought it was weird at first, maybe just an experiment for him certainly nothing that he would keep doing.  My parents think it is weird.  I work at a chemical plant, so I don't mind so much. I love doing laundry because I'm like ChaChing every time I hit the start button.  He is very into Chemistry, and he works as a chemist, even though he has no college degree. He is going to school in the spring though, and will use his VA benefit.  My husband uses the power drill to stir it.  I also made him get his own set of "cooking utensils" as I didn't want my cheese grater to be cross contaminated.  

I wish more people made their own commodities.  Literally it costs us less than 5 bucks to make 5 gallons of laundry detergent. Last year I had a chemical engineer renting my house in South Tulsa.  He made his own beer and he had a modified deep freeze where the kegs were inside, and the spigots were on the outside. Can you imagine ice cold beer on tap 24/7 no ice required?  I thought that dude was pretty cool.

FICO 9:

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jlu wrote:
Damn no Walmart gas stations in MA,

Closest one is in Northern RI Smiley Sad 

Message 17 of 38
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Web, your husband could be the star of the next breaking bad. XD
Message 18 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Web, your husband could be the star of the next breaking bad. XD

lol, BB was my first thought as well.

The problem here in Oklahoma we have too many "chemists" doing bad things.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 19 of 38
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

ROFL.  My husband is definately unique. He would be a likely star of Doomsday Preppers as well. He has about 10 yrs worth of ammo stockpiled, and he has about 50 different firearms. He was a sergeant in the USMC and somehow figured out how to wire up their whole base with electricity from generators and installed AC units which were "borrowed" from the army. This earned him the "NAVY AND MARINE CORPS ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL RIBBON" 

He has an engineers mentality and he loves a challenge. He is also very crazy and fun to be around. He takes good care of me, like my own personal bodygaurd / housekeeper / cook. He does most of the cooking and cleaning.

He doesn't like credit cards, but I talked him into getting the NFCU platinum card. I'm thinking of talking him into the Wal Mart store card or discover as well, so that he has two individual tradelines reporting.  We paid off his jeep in march, so he only has one tradeline, which is the credit card. He is AU on my Chase, Amex, and Discover cards. He refused to be added to my NFCU cash card... because he says there is no point and he doesn't even carry any of the other cards in his wallet except for the Amex and his Platinum MC.

FICO 9:

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.