Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Father wanting to close AMEX im an AU

tag
snowsurf7
Established Member

Re: Father wanting to close AMEX im an AU

I figured it was somthing like that because I could not find it anywhere! Im not sure the exact amount but I do know that he as a lot of retiremnt and other assets there.

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Message 11 of 13
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Also, while I can understand him not wanting to have to manage too many cards, 3 doesn't seem excessive. The Clear has no annual fee, so I don't think it would be too much effort to keep it open, even if it is only helping your scores marginally. Just because he is annoyed that he can't get the super low APRs he had however many years ago isn't a great reason to close an otherwise good card that is improving his son's credit.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 12 of 13
snowsurf7
Established Member

I hear you there! I've been talking to him about it to try to explain about AAoA and other credit lingo so im hoping to convince him not to close it. If he does im not gonna be upset as he has paid for my education and bought me a new car so I cant say he has not already done a lot for me.

Discover IT, BofA Cash Rewards, Citi Forward, AMEX Green, CapitalOne Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Wal-Mart Store
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.