cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Cashback - Credit Card (CC)

tag
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Favorite Cashback - Credit Card (CC)

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi has had me spoiled for the last 2 years or so with my Sears MC card

10% statement credit gas, groceries, restaurants

they give me it 8-10 months out of the year and varies with up to $2000max ($200/month credit)

Which allows me NOT to use pretty much any other cards since I can also buy gift cards for

HD, lowes, any other place you can think of

Jealous!

Message 11 of 34
issac2x
Frequent Contributor

For me it'd be my Savor I guess. CB posts as soon as transaction does and it's easy to redeem as statement credits. Though annoyed that if I want to deposit it into a bank account I have to get the snail mail check; BOA and Chase are better in this regard as you can deposit into an account.

Message 12 of 34
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Citi DC. That’s my go-to card in general. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Tie between DCand Paypal MC

Instant credit restored when paying DC, Paypal is no redemption minimum and super easy to redeem. I do not like min redemptions since im poorSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 34
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Tie between DCand Paypal MC

Instant credit restored when paying DC, Paypal is no redemption minimum and super easy to redeem. I do not like min redemptions since im poorSmiley Wink

Right.  Other differences between these:  

Paypal wins on no FTF

DC wins on Price Rewind

Paypal wins on 2% now rather than 1+1

I have both (+ Fidelity) but now use only PP.

Message 15 of 34
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Several faves:

(1)  2xUS Bank Cash+:  2 cards means 5% cashback in 4 categories (utilities, cable TV, cell phone, fast food)

(2)  BoA Cash Rewards:  3.3% on gas, 2.2% on groceries (extra 0.3% and 0.2% with BoA banking relationship)

(3)  FNBO Travelite Amex:  3% on travel, 1.5% on all other purchases

(4)  Cap1 NHM MC:  2% on all purchases, no min. redemption amount & instant redemption option

(5)  2xBoA BBR:  2 cards means $240 a year in statement credits

(6)  PACU MC:  1.5% on all purchases with very low go-to APR, no min. redemption amount

(7)  FNBO Amex:  1.5% on all purchases with very low go-to APR

(8)  BEFCU VISA:  1% on all purchases with very low go-to APR, with recurring 2%, 3%, and 4% temp promos

Message 16 of 34
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

BofA preferred rewards platinum honors Visa 5.25% category selected monthly

BofA preferred rewards platinum honors MC  5.25% category selected monthly

BofA preferred rewards platinum honors Travel 2.62% everything else.

Not crazy about having all my credit eggs in one basket, but can't earn equivelant elsewhere.

Message 17 of 34
Green456
Established Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

Not crazy about having all my credit eggs in one basket, but can't earn equivelant elsewhere.

I really like BoA credit cards as well. I do think that once you invest with them like you did the likelyhood of them taking any AA against you is probably quite low.

Message 18 of 34
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Green456 wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Not crazy about having all my credit eggs in one basket, but can't earn equivalent elsewhere.

I really like BoA credit cards as well. I do think that once you invest with them like you did the likelyhood of them taking any AA against you is probably quite low. - TRUTH

I'm torn between Citi DC and BofA CR for my next cashback credit card. I'm not a big category guy but really like the BofA CLI and SL I see on the forums.

Message 19 of 34
Green456
Established Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Not crazy about having all my credit eggs in one basket, but can't earn equivalent elsewhere.

I really like BoA credit cards as well. I do think that once you invest with them like you did the likelyhood of them taking any AA against you is probably quite low. - TRUTH

I'm torn between Citi DC and BofA CR for my next cashback credit card. I'm not a big category guy but really like the BofA CLI and SL I see on the forums.

I tend to like to keep things simple. I got 2 cards from BoA. Travel Card at 1.65% cash back on any purchase and Cash Card 3.3% cash back set to any of the 4 categories I choose. The cool thing about BoA Cash Card is that you can set whatever catergory you want and forget about it. You don't have to activate it every quarter and they don't rotate categories.

I do have Citi DC and use it separately on different category expenses. I can see how I could simplify my life even more by closing all of my credit cards and just keeping Citi DC 2%. But I do have long term relationship with BoA CCs and they never gave me issues.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.