Did you mean: 

Favorite current card you have and why

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Favorite current card you have and why

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

@slweal87 wrote:

Just curious what your favorite current card is and why.

Currently it might be the Citi ThankYou Premier due to the 3X points earnings on dining out as I do that a lot.  I say it might be my favorite because I just got this card about a week ago and have been using it for everything so I am waiting to see the point yield after the first statement cuts.  

I do enjoy Chase Freedom quite a bit with the 5% rotating categories but every now and then they will have a lull in categories (like shopping at a particular department store).  Before getting the Citi ThankYou Premier, my Chase Freedom card was the card that I used for everything.  Freedom may still be my favorite card but, like I said, I am giving Citi ThankYou Premier a try and I'll see how it goes.

Both cards are pretty legit, Chase and Citi are both great banks and credit card companies...I've never gone wrong with them.

On the Premier, would you pay the $125 AF when it becomes due?  I am cancelling mine in April!

Message 21 of 45
gobluechicago
New Visitor

SPG Amex...at least until the annual fee is due, when I will cancel :-)

Pros: great sign-up bonus, great value of SPG *points, and all the benefits of AMEX

Message 22 of 45
slweal87
Contributor

What is the SPG Amex? I went to their website and can not figure it out!!
1. WFCU Visa (2,000) 2. Chase Freedom (1,500) 3. Chase Amazon (300) 4. Chase Sapphire non-preferred (5,000) 5. Discover IT (3,500) 6. Capital One Quicksilver (3,000) 7. Citibank Dividend (4,300) 8. AMEX Costco True Earnings (5,000) 9. Barclaycard Arrival w/ AF (3,000) 10. Target REDcard (2,700) 11. Amex Blue Cash Everyday (10,000)
Message 23 of 45
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Message 24 of 45
red259
Super Contributor

@gobluechicago wrote:

Pros: great sign-up bonus, great value of SPG *points, and all the benefits of AMEX

What are you going to do when you cancel the card? It seems like one of those cards that you would keep unless you are going to totally leave the startpoints program versus something like the CSP where there are other chase cards that can give you UR points. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 25 of 45
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Currently, I love my BCP most, since I shop a lot groceries

Message 26 of 45
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

@slweal87 wrote:
What is the SPG Amex? I went to their website and can not figure it out!!

Starwood Preferred Guest. From what I hear, it's one of AmEx's best travel cards because of its airline mile transfer program & mile redemption values.  Looks to be a great travel card to consider.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 27 of 45
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

AMEX Delta Reserve for business. Earns miles and covers the MQD requirements that started this year. Also earns 15K MQM at $30K spend annually plus another 15K MQM at $60K spend annually. After $60K spend I stop using the card to pay for things and just use it for lounge access. As much as I dislike Delta and it's moves lately it's still the best service and on time airline out there in my opinion. 

Message 28 of 45
gobluechicago
New Visitor

I'll probably get the business card, which also has first year fee waived. I think the signup bonus is also similar (25-30k *point on $5k spend)

Then rinse and repeat. Smiley Happy

@red259 wrote:

@gobluechicago wrote:

What are you going to do when you cancel the card? It seems like one of those cards that you would keep unless you are going to totally leave the startpoints program versus something like the CSP where there are other chase cards that can give you UR points. 

Message 29 of 45
red259
Super Contributor

@gobluechicago wrote:

I'll probably get the business card, which also has first year fee waived. I think the signup bonus is also similar (25-30k *point on $5k spend)

Then rinse and repeat. Smiley Happy

@red259 wrote:

@gobluechicago wrote:

I may do this as well, but I think we may need to wait more than a year before reapplying to get bonus.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.