Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Accomplished. Citibank finally likes me. I'm prequaled

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling Accomplished. Citibank finally likes me. I'm prequaled

I check the different prequal sites periodically.  Have been lucky enough to qualify for something on all of them.  

With the only exceptions to be Chase and Citi. 

Prolly will never prequal for Chase because of a couple of old chargeoffs.  I did go back and pay those but they still see them in the system as being once upon a time a chargeoff.

Anyway back to Citi.  Finally tried last night and prequaled for all of their cards and at the lowest rates available. 

I feel accomplished now.  I don't know why but for some reason it feels better than achieving the exceptional score ranges for fico. 

Guess because it kept eluding me.  LOL

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Feeling Accomplished. Citibank finally likes me. I'm prequaled

Congrats AlottacardsSmiley Happy id love to prequal but being average doesnt allow for such luxuriesSmiley Wink Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!!  I love my Citi DC/

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC is a great card.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Do you plan on pulling the trigger with Citi?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats!!! Do you plan on pulling the trigger with Citi?

Definitely,   but have a couple things I'm gonna do first.  

Getting a heloc just as soon as my last baddie falls off eq and somehow I'm gonna get back in with Chase.  

But that pesky 5/24 rule keeps getting me.  Lol

Message 6 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Congrats, glad you made it

Can some one tell me how to get citibank to stop loving me so much, I get at least 2 balance transfer offer mailers, an Selected to apply for one of their cards each week, surely once a month for such mailings is enough.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.