Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling the US Bank luv

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feeling the US Bank luv

Who says the CCC's are tightening their belts? USbank informed me via mail that they would be raising my APR to 9.99 - but today I check my latest statement online and not only did the APR stay at 7.99, but they also gave me a 2K auto-CLI. I love USBank. :smileyvery-happy:

-BTW, just kidding about the belt-tightening. I just hope my other CCCs don't see the CLI and decide I have too much capacity for debt...

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Feeling the US Bank luv

@Anonymous wrote:

Who says the CCC's are tightening their belts? USbank informed me via mail that they would be raising my APR to 9.99 - but today I check my latest statement online and not only did the APR stay at 7.99, but they also gave me a 2K auto-CLI. I love USBank. :smileyvery-happy:

-BTW, just kidding about the belt-tightening. I just hope my other CCCs don't see the CLI and decide I have too much capacity for debt...

They are pretty sweet and if you follow the threads we have dedicated to US Bank discussions, you will see they treat people well and are pretty easy to love.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the letter in the mail today informing me of the CLI, and I noticed something that struck me as interesting. They said,

"We noticed that you have not made a purchase since January 23, 2009. We believe you have selected one of the best credit card options available today and hope this addition to your credit limit shows our appreciation for your business."

If it's true that my not spending with them had something to do with the auto-CLI, then wow - what a stark contrast between USBank's current maneuvers vs. AmEx's treatment of customers. Has anyone else had auto-CLI on any cards and gotten any messages like this?

Message 3 of 54
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Is US Bank inquiry sensitive?
Message 4 of 54
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Is US Bank inquiry sensitive?

What do you mean, I am sorry that I don't understand that, can you clarify please? Smiley Tongue Thanks.

Message 5 of 54
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the letter in the mail today informing me of the CLI, and I noticed something that struck me as interesting. They said,

"We noticed that you have not made a purchase since January 23, 2009. We believe you have selected one of the best credit card options available today and hope this addition to your credit limit shows our appreciation for your business."

If it's true that my not spending with them had something to do with the auto-CLI, then wow - what a stark contrast between USBank's current maneuvers vs. AmEx's treatment of customers. Has anyone else had auto-CLI on any cards and gotten any messages like this?

Well they reward responsible usage and by giving the CLI for not excessive using, they are saying we trust that you will be responsible with the extra credit but want you to have it in case there's an emergency and you need it. This is being fiscally responsible and ethically treating loyalty. Good for them and that's why they are listed on the government report as a hidden gem.

Message 6 of 54
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Sure, do they deny consumers for having too many inquiries?
Message 7 of 54
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Sure, do they deny consumers for having too many inquiries?

Generally not just for that but keep in mind they are very conservative and cautious. Their decisions are made with great consideration and intended to ensure the safety and security of both sides, you and them. So if you get credit with them, they will be good to you and you will love it. If they don't give it to you, they are nice and gracious about it, not usualy doing it to be a jerk. Does that help? They like to see stability and feel confident you are not going to burn them and yourself down the line. We have a few US Bank threads where we have discussed them thoroughly, that might help clear things up a bit more. Let me know if you need the links, I am on all of them.

Message 8 of 54
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Guardian wrote:
.......keep in mind they are very conservative and cautious. Their decisions are made with great consideration and intended to ensure the safety and security of both sides, you and them.

You are telling me!  With a 788 and a prefectly clean report and 2% util and 1 over 9 month old inq the banker I talked to said it had to go to an underwriter to be checked!  She was amazed  Smiley Happy

But I got it within an hour.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 54
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Guardian, thanks for the response. My credit history will be 2 years old in May and my overall utilization is 15% and I don't have any lates or baddies. But, I have a lot of inquiries (20+) and that's the reason why I asked if they're inquiry sensitive. I'm in Souther California, who do they usually pull out here? My TU FICO is about 710.
Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.