Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling the US Bank luv

tag
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Feeling the US Bank luv

I called the number posted in this thread and the CSR told me that I was denied for debt-to-income ratio. They pulled both TU and Experian. I'm waiting for the letter to see if I was also denied for inquiries.
Message 41 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I called the number posted in this thread and the CSR told me that I was denied for debt-to-income ratio. They pulled both TU and Experian. I'm waiting for the letter to see if I was also denied for inquiries.
Sorry you didn't get it. Smiley Sad
At least you know what you'd need to do to be approved - get your util down (and fewer inquiries can't hurt, of course!), and it sounds like you'd have a good shot. US Bank is one of the good ones, so please don't feel deterred from trying again if it's one you'd like to get when you think you're in a position they're more likely to give a big fat YES to! Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 54
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Agreed, I am sorry you didn't get it but at least you know what is necessary to improve it for the next shot. Just lay off the credit inquiries for a while and let it clear up and lose it effect before you try again. Again, sorry.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 43 of 54
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Thanks for the responses. Guardian and fevmlo, it's not your faults. If it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't know about US Bank. I'm definitely going to give them another shot in the summer after I pay off my debt and hopefully they can open their doors to me.  You're right, at least now I know what I need to improve in order for them to approve my application. My current go to card is my BOA Visa but I've been watching them closely and they look like they're going down the toilet along with Citi. If that was happen, I would want to establish a relationship with a bank that will survive this mess.
Message 44 of 54
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Guardian and fevmlo, it's not your faults. If it wasn't for you guys, I wouldn't know about US Bank. I'm definitely going to give them another shot in the summer after I pay off my debt and hopefully they can open their doors to me.  You're right, at least now I know what I need to improve in order for them to approve my application. My current go to card is my BOA Visa but I've been watching them closely and they look like they're going down the toilet along with Citi. If that was happen, I would want to establish a relationship with a bank that will survive this mess.

You are welcome and keep the positive outlook, its your greatest motivator. Just take your time, build yourself up a bit more, get stronger and try again. They reward responsible behavior, so it will serve you well no matter what.

Message 45 of 54
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I can't wait until I receive the letter to see if they also denied me for inquiries since they pulled both TU and EX.
Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am feelin the US Bank luv too  - I got my new card on Friday, they granted me 10K at 0% for 1 year and BTs at 2.99  It really made me happy with all the negative vibes I've been feeling over my ficos / amex woes.
Message 47 of 54
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am feelin the US Bank luv too  - I got my new card on Friday, they granted me 10K at 0% for 1 year and BTs at 2.99  It really made me happy with all the negative vibes I've been feeling over my ficos / amex woes.

Congrats, that is EXCELLENT. I am very happy for you.

Message 48 of 54
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I would definitely feel good to get approved for a card that requires a very clean report. It's definitely a sense of accomplishment.
Message 49 of 54
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I would definitely feel good to get approved for a card that requires a very clean report. It's definitely a sense of accomplishment.

Yes, not only that but also shows the creditor is a stable, responsible and reliable one that doesn't want to just extend credit but wants to build a true relationship. Hit and run creditors like HSBC and Crapital One are the ones that usually pray on the rest.

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.