Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 08 is in full effect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico 08 is in full effect

@Red1Blue wrote:
How do you know 08 is in effect? When did it go into effect? Is there any thing in the report that states new scoring system being used?  I pulled my scores on 1/15/2009 and there is no much difference. Unless some scoring change implemented between 1/16/2009 and today, there is no point in pulling the scores again. Is there any way to tell when the new scoring model implemented?

Good read:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/CreditCardSmarts/new-risks-to-credit-scores.aspx

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

So Fico 08 is in effect? My Ex dropped 4 pts. and I am only revolving $78 more than last month. hmmmm. Is this the model creditors will use now?
Message 12 of 24
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@My2cents wrote:

I read an article about 3 days ago on MSN about the new scoring formula that clearly stated that the new formula will penalize you less for collections no more than 100.00 which DW and I have, and we both saw a jump in today's pull.  So I compared the old report with the new report, the information was identical and the only logical explanation is that the collections are counting less.  Another point we did not see a jump in our EQ and guess what, we don't have a collection on our EQ, so I put 2 and 2 together. 

Well actually I put 1 and 1 together and just gave you My2centsSmiley Wink

LOL.... on last sentence

Message 13 of 24
fused
Moderator Emeritus

FICO 08 is NOT in full effect! Period!

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just checked and my TU went from 704 8 days ago up to 731 today. EQ went from 680 to 700 and EX was about to hit 700 but it actually dropped down a few points. Plus my pfico score from Wamu went from 669 to 731. My fako scores from Credit Secure all hit above 800 on all 3 reports.
Message 15 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

l9ikjam wrote:
Well I just checked and my TU went from 704 8 days ago up to 731 today. EQ went from 680 to 700 and EX was about to hit 700 but it actually dropped down a few points. Plus my pfico score from Wamu went from 669 to 731. My fako scores from Credit Secure all hit above 800 on all 3 reports.

Even more of an indication that it's not due to FICO 08. If your FAKO's jumped too, it indicates that something changed on your reports.

Those of you with mystery increases in your scores need to go look at your average age of accounts, your oldest account (overall history) and the dates that various accounts were opened and that baddies hit. It's likely that your age went up, or an account or baddie had a birthday.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 24
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@fused wrote:

FICO 08 is NOT in full effect! Period!

Thanks. I dont want spend money in pulling the scores if there is no change. I'll wait till next month and check my scores.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I got a score jump this month on TU & Exp (no action on EQ yet)... My AAoA increased, and accounts for it.

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even more of an indication that it's not due to FICO 08. If your FAKO's jumped too, it indicates that something changed on your reports.

Those of you with mystery increases in your scores need to go look at your average age of accounts, your oldest account (overall history) and the dates that various accounts were opened and that baddies hit. It's likely that your age went up, or an account or baddie had a birthday.

Message 18 of 24
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I pulled last night and had a net change of ZERO on all three. 

I also have two collections for under 100 dollars. 

My scores have not changed since early December.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless they have recently changed, the TU classic score MyFico has been selling is the Empirica98 version, even though an '04 version was created 4-5 years ago. Fair Isaac has stated they don't sell a new Fico version to consumers through MyFico until 50% of the lenders have adopted it. Lenders and resellers don't instantly change to a new version the second it is released, and (unless FI changes their 50% rule), it will be a fairly long time before the scores sold to consumers through MyFico are based on the Fico08 formula.

(Anyone more knowledgeable - please correct me if any of the above information is incorrect)

There are a variety of factors that affect scoring, including aging, disputes in process, etc. To accurately determine what caused a score change between Date A and Date B, you need to compare credit reports, line by line, pulled exactly when the scores were computed on both dates. You also need to look at overall and individual aging. Even then, you still might not have enough information to pinpoint the exact reasons for the score difference ...

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.