Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico 08 is in full effect

tag
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Fico 08 is in full effect

Hello fellow forumers I noticed today when I pulled my scores that fico 08 is in effect, because it weights your credit card usage more heavily, my score saw a nice increase with 2% utilization, Sounds familiar (pfico), anyway the new formula doesn't ding you as hard with collections less than 100 dollars.  DW has 2 collections: 1. 14$    2. 38$ old fico formula 656, the fico08 formula score 700.  I nearly fell out of my seat.  Fico 08 seems to be used by TU and EX.  My collection 1. 39$ and 2. 35$  old score 639,  fico 08 score 678.  700s here I come.

Well enough from me  My2centsSmiley Wink

700 Club Member
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico 08 is in full effect

@My2cents wrote:

Hello fellow forumers I noticed today when I pulled my scores that fico 08 is in effect, because it weights your credit card usage more heavily, my score saw a nice increase with 2% utilization, Sounds familiar (pfico), anyway the new formula doesn't ding you as hard with collections less than 100 dollars.  DW has 2 collections: 1. 14$    2. 38$ old fico formula 656, the fico08 formula score 700.  I nearly fell out of my seat.  Fico 08 seems to be used by TU and EX.  My collection 1. 39$ and 2. 35$  old score 639,  fico 08 score 678.  700s here I come.

that's very interesting.  Unfortunately that news makes me want to ignore my goal of not pulling again until 3/15/09 and pull right this second.  

I must be strong and resist the urge!  

Message Edited by woopah on 01-17-2009 08:41 PM
Message 2 of 24
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@My2cents wrote:

that's very interesting.  Unfortunately that news makes me want to ignore my goal of not pulling again until 3/15/09 and pull right this second.  

I must be strong and resist the urge!  

Message Edited by woopah on 01-17-2009 08:41 PM

I know thats right... I want to pull mines also.. I got a few collections under 100 dollars.

Message 3 of 24
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@My2cents wrote:

I have a question... I want to pay my collection accounts anyway that are under $100.. since it seems like from what I have been hearing that the collections will not have such a big impact on the score.. will doing a PFD increase the score more.. or does it even matter since the new fico will not be paying any attention to it.

Thanks

Message 4 of 24
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How do you know 08 is in effect? When did it go into effect? Is there any thing in the report that states new scoring system being used?  I pulled my scores on 1/15/2009 and there is no much difference. Unless some scoring change implemented between 1/16/2009 and today, there is no point in pulling the scores again. Is there any way to tell when the new scoring model implemented?
Message 5 of 24
My2cents
Regular Contributor

I think that your score will increase without a PFD, however it looks better to the human eye that you dont have several collections so a PFD is the best way, then fico 08 is the second best way, then the old classic fico. 

Fellow forumer My2centsSmiley Wink

700 Club Member
Message 6 of 24
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@My2cents wrote:

I think that your score will increase without a PFD, however it looks better to the human eye that you dont have several collections so a PFD is the best way, then fico 08 is the second best way, then the old classic fico. 

Fellow forumer My2centsSmiley Wink

My2cents

I want to pull those scores so badly!!! (lol.. pulling hand away from mouse)  Thanks for the info..

Strong

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@strong_lady wrote:

@My2cents wrote:

I have a question... I want to pay my collection accounts anyway that are under $100.. since it seems like from what I have been hearing that the collections will not have such a big impact on the score.. will doing a PFD increase the score more.. or does it even matter since the new fico will not be paying any attention to it.

Thanks

If you can do a PFD the collection will be removed and your score will not be hurt at all. I think the new scoring is just not doing costing quite as many points as before. I'm pretty sure some are taken off for having them. It's better to have a clean report anyway, so if you can knock those out, I would.

Message 8 of 24
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@strong_lady wrote:

@My2cents wrote:

Thanks

If you can do a PFD the collection will be removed and your score will not be hurt at all. I think the new scoring is just not doing costing quite as many points as before. I'm pretty sure some are taken off for having them. It's better to have a clean report anyway, so if you can knock those out, I would.

You are right... I was just curious though ... My scores could use a big lift .. lol.. they will get there in time though

Message 9 of 24
My2cents
Regular Contributor

I read an article about 3 days ago on MSN about the new scoring formula that clearly stated that the new formula will penalize you less for collections no more than 100.00 which DW and I have, and we both saw a jump in today's pull.  So I compared the old report with the new report, the information was identical and the only logical explanation is that the collections are counting less.  Another point we did not see a jump in our EQ and guess what, we don't have a collection on our EQ, so I put 2 and 2 together. 

Well actually I put 1 and 1 together and just gave you My2centsSmiley Wink

700 Club Member
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.