Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico needed for Chase Slate

tag
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Fico needed for Chase Slate

I'm currently gardening but wish to open a Chase Slate in my wife's name (FICO EX 642, TU 650, EQ 641, 1 collections $1800) to take advantage of the no fee BT for 60 days from open and the 15 month  0%APR to payoff a Conn's account for about $1800. I checked the creditboards database and couldn't find anything on the Slate. Anyone have any experience with Chase about neccessary FICO to get the Slate card?

Also a BT question: Assuming my stated intentions go through and I don't completely pay off the BT by the end of the intro APR period, will I be charged interest for the entirety of the BT or just the balance I have remaining?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fico needed for Chase Slate

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

I'm currently gardening but wish to open a Chase Slate in my wife's name (FICO EX 642, TU 650, EQ 641, 1 collections $1800) to take advantage of the no fee BT for 60 days from open and the 15 month  0%APR to payoff a Conn's account for about $1800. I checked the creditboards database and couldn't find anything on the Slate. Anyone have any experience with Chase about neccessary FICO to get the Slate card?

Also a BT question: Assuming my stated intentions go through and I don't completely pay off the BT by the end of the intro APR period, will I be charged interest for the entirety of the BT or just the balance I have remaining?

Hmmm, I just looked on the CB database and there are a ton of entries for the Slate.  Might want to recheck but your wife's scores are borderline.  However, I  would not be shocked to see an approval if her credit history is longer than a year.  The issue will be whether the limit will be high enough to do the BT or do it without maxing out the card. Good luck if she does apply.

Message 2 of 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Fico needed for Chase Slate

Agree with Irish that it's borderline.  Slate starting lines are not usually known for their generosity, but you're not looking to make massive balance transfers like many of us are.  Any Citi or BOA preapprovals?  Their SLs trend a little more generous than Chase, the 0% offer is longer (but with a fee which is likely nothing compared to what you are paying now for an APR) and both have prequalify pages.  Also, balance transfers are not the same as promotional retail offers.  It would be 0% until the promo rate on the BT ends, then the purchase APR of the card from that statement forward - no retroactive interest if not paid by the end of the promo.  Any time that you do a BT, the card company will clearly state something like "0% until April 2018, then your purchase APR of 12.24% applies."

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.