Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity AMEX CLI

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Fidelity AMEX CLI

Hey guys. 

So basically I have been thinking that I am not applying for any new CC's anytime soon (Letting the current ones age.), and I was looking over my profile and noticed that my Fidelity AMEX has a rather low limit. THe other cards I have also have low limits, (Discover, Kohls, BB), but I don't use those so I am not worried. But how is FIA with CLI's? I got the card back in Jan, and I would like to possibly request one in mid-April, what would my chances be? I'll have about 8-9 INQ's on my EX file, and a score of probably around 700-715 (estimate). Its at a $1,500 limit, what would you guys think I should go for, seeing how my Freedom is at 6k and my Sallie Mae is at 2.4k. I spend a lot on this card each month and always PIF (1-9% util when statement cuts, then PIF). 

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fidelity AMEX CLI

@xgac12x wrote:

Hey guys. 

So basically I have been thinking that I am not applying for any new CC's anytime soon (Letting the current ones age.), and I was looking over my profile and noticed that my Fidelity AMEX has a rather low limit. THe other cards I have also have low limits, (Discover, Kohls, BB), but I don't use those so I am not worried. But how is FIA with CLI's? I got the card back in Jan, and I would like to possibly request one in mid-April, what would my chances be? I'll have about 8-9 INQ's on my EX file, and a score of probably around 700-715 (estimate). Its at a $1,500 limit, what would you guys think I should go for, seeing how my Freedom is at 6k and my Sallie Mae is at 2.4k. I spend a lot on this card each month and always PIF (1-9% util when statement cuts, then PIF). 

They will most likely pull TU and I would ask for $10k, they will counter but they are excellent about increases!!

Message 2 of 9
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Okay I'll definitely try that. I'll have to mention the limits on those two cards.

Message 3 of 9
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

My Fidelity card always pulled hard on TU for increases.

I have never gotten an instant increase, but I had to call in to verify things and a credit analyst had to go over my report. But as creditaddict said, they are very good with CLIs. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well I almost have as much credit as income, will that make a difference?

Message 5 of 9
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I doubt it. My credit lines combined exceed my income by a significant margin, but I still get increases. It's more of how you handle accounts and your usage patterns from my experience.

Message 6 of 9
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Great, Thanks! I love the Fidelity AMEX, it just sucks having a low limit along with only 3 payments per month. I wouldnt mind if I could make multiple payments but oh well

Message 7 of 9
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

It is a great card, and I can definitely see the issue you're running into. Since you have the Freedom at a good limit, I bet you can get a pretty generous CLI if you ask for $10,000. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Also, I wish the card wasn't so ugly but oh well.

Message 8 of 9
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Thank you!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.