Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex Green Card?

tag
heehawheehaw
Valued Member

Fidelity Amex Green Card?

Recently, my sister got approved for an Amex Green, which also happened to be her first ever line of credit.  When she took her card out, it looked a little different from my green card, and I asked to see it.  When I looked at it, it had Fidelity Investments on it and also on the back!  But the funny thing is, she is able to pay her bill through the Amex website and earn membership rewards.  Anyone have any insight on this?

| Amazon Visa [$500] Oct '08 | Amazon Store [$4.8k] Nov '10 | WF College CB Visa [$600] May '11 |
| Fidelity AMEX [$5k] Oct '12 | BCE AMEX [$7.3k] Dec '12 | Chase Freedom VS [$5k] Jan '13| Discover IT [$3.5k] Jul '13 |
| CSP [$5k] Oct '13 | Barclay Arrival [$9k] Dec '13 | AMEX Everyday [$5k] Dec '14 | SFFCU Visa [$10k] Jan '15 |
EQ: 705/785 (VS 3.0), TU (Discover+Barclay): 757, EX (CS): 816. Its Garden Time! (1/19/15)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HappySoda
Valued Member

Re: Fidelity Amex Green Card?

Yes, it's a Fidelity Rewards Amex card and it's green.

Message 2 of 5
linux007969
Established Contributor

@heehawheehaw wrote:

Recently, my sister got approved for an Amex Green, which also happened to be her first ever line of credit.  When she took her card out, it looked a little different from my green card, and I asked to see it.  When I looked at it, it had Fidelity Investments on it and also on the back!  But the funny thing is, she is able to pay her bill through the Amex website and earn membership rewards.  Anyone have any insight on this?

I don't think that is actually possible as the Fidelity Amex is managed and issued by FIA Card Services (BofA) and you earn 2% cash back that's put directly into your investment account.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 3 of 5
heehawheehaw
Valued Member

No, I mean its an American Express Green Charge card with Fidelity on the front and has the logo on the back.  To my understanding, Fidelity no longer issues these cards.  But the card was sent directly from Amex. 

| Amazon Visa [$500] Oct '08 | Amazon Store [$4.8k] Nov '10 | WF College CB Visa [$600] May '11 |
| Fidelity AMEX [$5k] Oct '12 | BCE AMEX [$7.3k] Dec '12 | Chase Freedom VS [$5k] Jan '13| Discover IT [$3.5k] Jul '13 |
| CSP [$5k] Oct '13 | Barclay Arrival [$9k] Dec '13 | AMEX Everyday [$5k] Dec '14 | SFFCU Visa [$10k] Jan '15 |
EQ: 705/785 (VS 3.0), TU (Discover+Barclay): 757, EX (CS): 816. Its Garden Time! (1/19/15)
Message 4 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@heehawheehaw wrote:

No, I mean its an American Express Green Charge card with Fidelity on the front and has the logo on the back.  To my understanding, Fidelity no longer issues these cards.  But the card was sent directly from Amex. 

I think you are completely wrong about that.  I just loged on to my Fidelity Account to verify.   Fidelity Logo color is a light green not the same color as the American EXpress Green card,.  They have a AMEX and a VISA card of that color.   Both are issued by FIA services, a subsiduary of BofA.    It has been that way for years.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.