Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex Retirement Rewards Credit Card

tag
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Fidelity Amex Retirement Rewards Credit Card

Anyone know if I have the Fidelity Amex Retirement Rewards Credit Card if I can transfer the reward points into any Fidelity account (namely, a simple cash management account)? I am not currently employed so I guess a Fidelity cash management account would be my only option to redeem the card reward points? 

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex Retirement Rewards Credit Card

Fidelity points can also be transferred to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio. IMO this is a huge benefit and one that is not often publicized.

2 AP miles per $1 spent is huge, and for those looking for US miles you can transfer them at a 1:0.85 ratio via points.com. That's essentially getting you 1.7 US miles per dollar spend. Absolutely amazing.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I just got an email invite.  Here is footnote 2

Eligible registrations include all nonretirement registrations, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Rollover IRA, SEP-IRA, and all Fidelity-managed 529 plans. Full details appear in the Program Rules, which will be included in your welcome materials. The ability to contribute to an IRA or 529 college savings plan account is subject to IRS rules and specific program policies, including those on eligibility, and annual and maximum contribution limits

So you can put it in most any time of account.

Message 3 of 6
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Fidelity points can also be transferred to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio. IMO this is a huge benefit and one that is not often publicized.

2 AP miles per $1 spent is huge, and for those looking for US miles you can transfer them at a 1:0.85 ratio via points.com. That's essentially getting you 1.7 US miles per dollar spend. Absolutely amazing.

Never knew that!  Now, I see why so many would insist on using their Fidelity Amex.

Message 4 of 6
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I have the cash management account and you can redeem the rewards into it.

Message 5 of 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Never knew that!  Now, I see why so many would insist on using their Fidelity Amex.

I've been considering picking this up as a 4th card sometime next year. My primary mileage programs are UA and US, so this would really help.

The 2% equivalent cash-back is also quite flexible, as is the ability to leave it in Aeroplan. It has an almost identical redemption chart to UA, although unlike UA it imposes YQ on most *A partners and this diminishes some of its value. Given the 15% loss via points.com, US transfers would be great primarily for their extremely high-value redemptions (business to Asia or Australia, and off-peak premium cabin redemptions to Europe).

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.