Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex points expiration?

tag
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Fidelity Amex points expiration?

Do Fidelity Amex points expire if I don't transfer them to my CMA account every once in a while? I have it set up to auto transfer every 5,000 points but I plan to just use mainly my Citi DC from now on so was wondering what would happen to my remaining points in Fid Amex if not transferred soon.

I may just alternate between Citi DC and Fid Amex each month or may just PC Fid Amex to one of BOA cards. I'm reluctant to do this because DC might get nerfed in the future and Fid Amex might go away but allow grandfathering. It's a good card to keep as a backup for DC.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex points expiration?

Their FAQs state:

When do my points expire?
Your points will expire after 5 years.

Message 2 of 8
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@uswala wrote:

Their FAQs state:

When do my points expire?
Your points will expire after 5 years.

I couldn't find it on their website for some reason but now I see it. Thanks!

[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

if you transfer the money to your cma they are no longer points, they are money that you are investing so they can't expire.

Message 4 of 8
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

if you transfer the money to your cma they are no longer points, they are money that you are investing so they can't expire.

Yes, I'm just worried about the remaining points that I haven't transferred yet as I haven't met the minimum 5000 points threshhold. I just plan to use Citi DC a lot more and don't know when I'll get around to using Fid Amex to reach 5000.

[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kkapdolee wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes, I'm just worried about the remaining points that I haven't transferred yet as I haven't met the minimum 5000 points threshhold. I just plan to use Citi DC a lot more and don't know when I'll get around to using Fid Amex to reach 5000.

oh I see.

We have many of our auto bills (state farm, Directv, etc. going to Fidelity) so we seem to still cycle through to enough points to get a transfer faster than I would like Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 8
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I was in the same situation and had the same concern like OP. So I transfered all, except $500, from my Fid Amex to BoA Travel Rewards and closed out Fid Amex.

I also closed out CSP since I did not use it enough to justify the AF. Now I can use Citi DC as my main card and the rest will be rotated. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I was in the same situation and had the same concern like OP. So I transfered all, except $500, from my Fid Amex to BoA Travel Rewards and closed out Fid Amex.

I also closed out CSP since I did not use it enough to justify the AF. Now I can use Citi DC as my main card and the rest will be rotated. Smiley Wink

I'm also worried that Citi DC might get nerfed one day and Fidelity Amex won't be around anymore except for those who grandfathered in. Some of the best cards in the past have been discontinued but allowed grandfathering (Citi Forward - 5% restaurant unlimited) and Priceline Visa - 2% everything unlimited, 5% priceline). I plan to keep my Fidelity Amex live by putting small transactions on it every once in a while.

[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.