Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex ????

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex ????

I could just do a cash management account. Mostimportantly to me is if I can use AX. I will have to look into it. I don't want another card I don't use.

I could change this worthless card to a Quicksilver I guess. But only if no AF. I've had it 6 months, just got a CLI increase this month from $300 to $500. How generous of them huh?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 11 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Its a great card, except that being on the Amex network is probably its biggest limitation. Not as many merchants accept Amex, so that can be a problem sometimes.

The 2nd biggest problem is probably how ugly that card looks.

Other than that its a great card.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 20
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Lol how ugly it looks...
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 13 of 20
zyzzus
Established Contributor

This card has been good to me.

Small background.

My previous two employers had their 401K accounts managed by Fidelity.  I had a modest account ~20K.  

Initialy approval at 5K.  Took a HP CLI six months later to 10K.  Customer service is very helpful and polite when I've had to call and the rewards are easily quantifyable 2% on everything.  I've tried to give me Priceline card a bit more love as of late in hopes that it would grow but Barclay doesn't want to Auto CLI me.... thats another story.

I am personally a fan and whenever I get on an app spree again I will likely add the Viss Signature card they have as well.  I am a big fan of Fidelity to be honest (I understand its underwritten by FIA).

If you feel like burning another HP I am a fan of this card despite the bright green color... anyone who knows their stuff would realize the benefit... if not who cares what they think Smiley Happy

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 14 of 20
weeehooo
Valued Member

I like using it at Costco since they oonly take amex

Citi AAdvantage World Elite 38.5K | OCCU Duck Card 20k | PenFed Cash Rewards 13.5k | Chase Freedom 9k | Citi Dividends 9k | US Bank Club Carlson 9k | Southwest Visa Signature 8.5k | US Bank Cash + 7.5k | Discover it 7.5k | Citi Prestige World Elite 7k | Sallie Mae 6.3k | Chase IHG Rewards 5.6k | Amex Hilton Honors 5.5k

Less then 1% Util, Last baddie off my CR 12/23/13, in the garden until 12/14
Message 15 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You should be good for approval and could move the small cl of current over while at it and close it.
Message 16 of 20
budugu
Regular Contributor

It is pretty good card ... As another person mentioned it is valuable at costo. Also makes like easier not having to think about what card to use where. I put all my spend on it till recently got a chase ink bold. Opening a CMA is easy with fidelity and are very lax with CLs. My max credit line is around 13k on one card ... Whimsically put 20k on the app request and they approved. But if u have quick silver 1.5% I don't think a hard pull is worth the extra 0.5% Customer serv is pretty good except for the BT/ check thing they keep pushing Smiley Happy
amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 17 of 20
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the informative replies.

@budugu I don't have quicksilver but could possibly PC & your right not that big of a difference & no HP. I really wOuld like a lil more the 2% BUT utility, gas company, internet only take Visa or MC.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 18 of 20
budugu
Regular Contributor

@MoreRewards ... were you able to get a PC from CapOne?

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 19 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

As far as I know, it's the only no annual fee 2% cashback card, which makes it best in class.  As to having a Fidelity account, just open up a CMA.  The account has no fee; no deposit requirement; free unlimited ATM fee rebates; and, free checks.

For most, infinitely superior to any bank account, in my view.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.