cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Visa Rewards Credit Score Needed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fidelity Visa Rewards Credit Score Needed?

I was eyeing this card, anyone know what score range you need to get this card?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Fidelity Visa Rewards Credit Score Needed?

@Anonymous wrote:

This is definitely a card I would strongly recommend at least a 700 (preferably 720+) with clean reports prior to applying. It is now underwritten by Elan, and they are quite stringent along with their parent company, U.S. Bank. The card is now offered as a Visa Signature with a single, moderate APR of 14.24%. It can be quite difficult for many applicants to obtain such an interest rate on other rewards cards with a range of possible rates. With this card, you have to qualify for its only rate. I received an instant approval on the day applications went live for the new product with a 770 TU (bureau they pulled for me) with no negatives on my reports, around 1-2% utilization, and a 3-ish year AAOA. 

As with most credit card applications, it will take more than a good credit score to be approved. U.S. Bank/Elan can be quite unwelcoming to those who rack up a large amount of inquiries for credit cards.

Message 2 of 13
xaustie
New Contributor

I was approved for the Fidelity Visa Rewards card in January this year. I had an EX 697 FICO 8 and a 707 FICO Score 3. I believe they use the latter. I know they pulled EX from my report updates. I received a 5K SL. Immediately requested a CLI and was told I need to wait 6 mos for history. I have a six figure 401k at Fidelity and when I app'ed for the card they (Elan) requested this info.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'll have to garden another 3-6 months and then give it a try, thanks for the feedback.

Message 4 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

OP with your scores I'd probably recommend gardening awhile before going for this. US Bank is not known to be very generous with underwriting.

Message 5 of 13
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Agree with kdm on the wait. I was approved for $5K in January with a EX pull at 734. Others have gotten I believe, $12K to $17K with existing relationships (401K, CMA accounts etc.) You may want to open a CMA (Cash Management Acount ) with them and make deposits over the next 3-6 months and then try.

Message 6 of 13
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I assume you have accounts with Fidelity - yes? If not, the rewards on this card are not competitive with other card offerings.

I have had an FIA signature Visa card since 2006. The cash back is ok only if you redeem points and transfer into a Fidelity account. If you actually ask for a check, you get a 33% or 50% reduction in points to cash relative to redeeming into an account.

A score of 700 or above should be sufficient if you have accounts at Fidelity. In addition to score, some credit history is important as well. An AAoA of 2 years is adequate but age of oldest account is also considered. Not sure what's required but 4 years or more should be solid.

If you don't have an account at Fidelity, you should not get this card.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 7 of 13
happypill
Valued Contributor

I applied in January and was declined.  They said I had 694 and they used Fico 04.  It took like 3 weeks for them to notify me that I was declined, I asked for reconsideration about a week later and just got the decline notce from the recon yesterday - almost 2 months!  Man, they are slow.  Their main reason was too many recent accounts (true, 10+ in last 6 months, 20 in last 12 months).  I also have some old negatives that are set to drop off within the next 6-12 months.

So, just one data point, but it seems they are new account sensitive (they didn't say anything about inquiries, I have abot 10-12 on each report), it would probably be a good idea to wait for any derogs to drop off (nothing surprising there), and a tick under 700 wasn't good enough for me, with the two other strikes.

I have no relationship with Fidelity but do have solid income & 401k that may be rolled over one day.

Message 8 of 13
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Dose this card uses SP or HP for CLI?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for $12,000 SL with CK FAKO TU 749, Discover TU FICO 746. $50,000 income, $5,500 in Fidelity assets. Have had Fidelity (non credit card) account for 1 month prior to applying.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.