cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Visa Rewards Credit Score Needed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fidelity Visa Rewards Credit Score Needed?

Was approved for a $3,000 CL within 3 days of my online application. Haven't received the card yet but noticed the new account with CL in my Fidelity brokerage account.

Equifax 8: 564

TransUnion 8: 608

Experian 8: 730

Been a Fidelity customer for 7 years. Have $40,000 brokerage account. 1 derogatory on my credit file. 7 months credit history with TU & EX. 49 months with EQ. I asked for an old credit card I had on file to be removed. Big mistake. Dropped my score significantly. 

Not sure what agency they primarily use but it seems that an average person can obtain this card with low credit. 

Message 11 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Was approved for a $3,000 CL within 3 days of my online application. Haven't received the card yet but noticed the new account with CL in my Fidelity brokerage account.

Equifax 8: 564

TransUnion 8: 608

Experian 8: 730

Been a Fidelity customer for 7 years. Have $40,000 brokerage account. 1 derogatory on my credit file. 7 months credit history with TU & EX. 49 months with EQ. I asked for an old credit card I had on file to be removed. Big mistake. Dropped my score significantly. 

Not sure what agency they primarily use but it seems that an average person can obtain this card with low credit. 

You must of got lucky and they pulled your Exp as TU or EQ wouldn't of got you approved for this card...  Why is your EQ and TU scores so low in comparison to your Exp Fico?  Huge difference.  You mentioned one card being removed, but other factors must be in play

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have. I think it has more to do with being a fidelity customer for 7 years and having a cash balance in my account. I'm debt free as well.

TU & EQ wouldn't remove the delinquency account from my credit file that EX would. Also, I had a child support obligation that was only reported on EQ. That's my guess.

I should also mention that all of my scores were no greater than 530 ten months ago. I never looked at my credit report until this year and realized that I had two past due accounts that I never knew about. I paid them off and one of them was removed from all three agencies while one of them stayed on two of the agency files. Have a long way to go but feel I made good strides in a short amount of time. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.