cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Visa Signature (Elan Financial Services) CLI - Hard or Soft...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fidelity Visa Signature (Elan Financial Services) CLI - Hard or Soft...?

Search is usually my friend, but i cant seem to find any recent information about anyone who has had a successful CLI with this card, and whether it was a hard pull or soft pull. Any information would be greatly appreciated and the more detailed the better.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Fidelity Visa Signature (Elan Financial Services) CLI - Hard or Soft...?

It is a great card. Can auto redeem if you reach $50+ rewards.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly, it's a SP.
Message 3 of 13
Sharingan
Established Contributor

I received a $4,000 auto-CLI last month on my Fidelity Visa Signature. I applied for the card as soon as Elan opened applications in January. I haven't had to request a CLI on this card, but I'm sure Elan's underwriting requirements will likely be in congruence with U.S. Bank's. That would suggest to me that any large requests would likely warrant a HP. After having products from Elan and the parent company, U.S. Bank, I have noticed very little difference in how the accounts are managed, particularly with regard to CLIs. 

Message 4 of 13
xaustie
New Contributor

Applied  for Fidelity Rewards Visa Feb 2016. Was approved with SL of $5k.

In Aug 2016 (6 mo anniversary) applied for CLI using LUV button online,

Requested $5k increase (maximum allowed via LUV button).

Response online was that I would receive a decision via mail within 10 business days.

About a week later I saw a HP from Elan on TU online. I live in TX.

Checked and my new CL at Fidelity was $10k.

BTW - I really like this card. I have ALL my monthly bill related auto-pays setup on this card and I leave the card in my drawer. PIF every month. Rewards go to a Fidelity IRA.

Message 5 of 13
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Search is usually my friend, but i cant seem to find any recent information about anyone who has had a successful CLI with this card, and whether it was a hard pull or soft pull. Any information would be greatly appreciated and the more detailed the better.

I have the card but, it was a conversion from a B of A managed the FIA card. Under B of A, CLI requests were a HP. Sounds like the situation has changed with new card management and CLI requests are now a SP. I do like the card and linked it to one of my Fidelity after tax accounts for conversion of points to cash without hassle.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just talked to a rep and he said it's a soft pull - said they don't usually give cli's before an account reaches 6 months. He strongly suggested I wait until my 6th statement cut before requesting. 

Message 7 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just talked to a rep and he said it's a soft pull - said they don't usually give cli's before an account reaches 6 months. He strongly suggested I wait until my 6th statement cut before requesting. 

But 

Message 8 of 13
xaustie
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I have five CCs. This card is a good "tool" in my CC toolset. I like it because I can effortlessly channel my 2% into a Fidelity IRA.

Message 9 of 13
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Hard pull for me. I had it sitting at 5k for a while under B of A, asked for a 5k increase about 2 months after Elan took over, they hard pulled and gave me the 5k increase. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.