Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third -- Score Needed...?

tag
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Fifth Third -- Score Needed...?

About what Credit Score is necessary for APPROVAL from 53 Bank?

I've always had an affinity for their logo and name -- but never knew how difficult it is to get a foot in their door...

And honestly can't recall ever seeing anyone on these forums displaying a 53 Card on their Siggy... Hmmm

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

Re: Fifth Third -- Score Needed...?

@Charmante wrote:

About what Credit Score is necessary for APPROVAL from 53 Bank?

I've always had an affinity for their logo and name -- but never knew how difficult it is to get a foot in their door...

And honestly can't recall ever seeing anyone on these forums displaying a 53 Card on their Siggy... Hmmm

Thanks!

Their cards are very unspectacular. Also they have taken a page from Well Fargo's book and have been opening fraudulent accounts.

I would avoid this bank personally. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/11/fifth-third-bank-fake-accoun...

Message 2 of 20
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Their footprint is in the southeastern US and they have tight georestrictions.   At one point their Stand Up 2 Cancer card wasn't georestricted (I have one) but even that card now requires an in-branch visit to apply.

I used to occasionally see threads and approvals on their Trio and Stand Up 2 Cancer cards but it's been a while since I've noticed any.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 20
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

What exactly do you mean they have been opening fraudulent accounts?

Message 4 of 20
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Charmante wrote:

What exactly do you mean they have been opening fraudulent accounts?

They were caught opening new accounts for existing customers and transferring funds from the original accounts into the new account. This also included opening credit cards. 

Please refer to the link I included in my previous post or Google 5th 3rd for more info. 

On the plus side, they do have a cool logo and they used to make some neat commercials, but I would not use either as a good criteria in making credit decisions. 

Message 5 of 20
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Reps were opening additional accounts for existing clients (e.g. someone with an existing checking account would get a savings account opened) without the clients knowledge or consent because the rep wanted to meet a quota and in some cases there were fees being assessed and charged to the client. 

It wasn't fraudulent in the context that they would open up credit cards and put spend on them, but they would apply for credit cards in the client's name without their permission and get a +1 against their quota.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Reps were opening additional accounts for existing clients (e.g. someone with an existing checking account would get a savings account opened) without the clients knowledge or consent because the rep wanted to meet a quota and in some cases there were fees being assessed and charged to the client. 

It wasn't fraudulent in the context that they would open up credit cards and put spend on them, but they would apply for credit cards in the client's name without their permission and get a +1 against their quota.

Do these Reps think that they will never get caught? .. what are they smoking thinking

Message 7 of 20
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Today's problem is meeting my quota. Tomorrow's problem is, well, tomorrow's problem. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 8 of 20
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Wow talk about desperate to meet a quota. Lol

Message 9 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Come to think of it, I have not seen a Fifth Third approval in a while.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.