Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Visa closing all accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final Visa closing all accounts

I just received an email that Final is shutting down. A little disappointed because I was just approved for the card last month!
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final will be closing all accounts effective 1/17/2018

Ah man, just got an email from Final that they are closing all accounts effective January 2018:

Closing all accounts - portfolio wind-down

Today we’re announcing that we are shutting down our card portfolio, and will be closing all Final Visa® Credit Card Accounts in the coming months. We appreciate your understanding, and know that any message about this would be imperfect, but hope this note offers information and consolation to our cardholders and compatriots alike.

We hope to complete the shutdown as smoothly and transparently as possible. And of course, we are here at support@getfinal.com to answer any questions you may have.

Some key details of this news are listed below:
  • Card Functionality
    • All cards will be turned off as of 01/17/18. Please take the time to switch recurring spend over to another card soon, so none of your subscription services lapse
      • Returns will be allowed after that date, but no new purchases will
    • Physical cards should be cut up or otherwise safely disposed of, after that date
  • Account / Benefit Access
    • All statements and CSVs of transaction history will continue to be available for download until the online account access is closed. Please download your statement history.
    • Other Benefits of the card, including those offered by Visa as part of the Signature program, will be discontinued as of account closure.
    • Final and our bank partner - First Bank & Trust - will officially close Final Credit Card accounts in early 2018
  • Payments to Final
    • Scheduled autopayments and one-time payments will continue to process as-normal
    • Any outstanding Current Balances owed should be paid in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of your account
    • You will continue to receive payment notifications and monthly statements until your account is paid-in-full or closed. Delinquent/default accounts may be sent to collections in accordance with your Cardholder Agreement.
    • Alternatively, you can set up a balance transfer to another credit card
  • Credit Bureau Considerations
    • Accounts closed with balances fully paid will be reported to the bureaus as such
    • Delinquent and non-payment accounts may result in adverse reporting to the credit bureaus in accordance with your Cardholder Agreement
  • Rewards
    • Rewards will be eligible for redemption through the shutdown period. Please redeem them soon.  
    • Reimbursements for the Credit Freeze promotion have been applied
From all of us at Final, thank you for being a loyal cardholder. If you have any questions or feedback for us, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Team Final
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Final Visa closing all accounts

That just ain't right

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL its Final Call for the Final card. Thats why I never go after these strange, one-off cards; so many of them have been closed down. I am actually surprised Blispay is still around. 

To anybody that was recently approved I would write them and ask them to remove the trade line from your bureau as the closure was out of your hands.

Message 4 of 21
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Final will be closing all accounts effective 1/17/2018

I received the same notice.  I hadn't really used my FINAL account because my account was stolen and charged about $500 before the first time I even used it.... I suspect it had to have been internal fraud because I hadn't even used the card yet.  Final covered it luckily.  Another credit card gone! 

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that didn’t last long! 

Message 6 of 21
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Message 7 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

what do you expect from a 1% card when so many card offered better rewards and terms from actual lenders/banks.  Card never made sense to me, but for those that it did I am sorry they are going under and the loss of the tradeline.  For those that literally were just approved for the card I would be erked as well and try to get that TL off my report and possible inquiry as well as it the AAoA hit is kinda unfair, but I suppose life is as well.

Believe the CEO of that company popped on here about 6-8 months ago, but hasn't been on in awhile. 

Message 8 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Multi threads combined into 1
Message 9 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL its Final Call for the Final card. Thats why I never go after these strange, one-off cards; so many of them have been closed down. I am actually surprised Blispay is still around. 

To anybody that was recently approved I would write them and ask them to remove the trade line from your bureau as the closure was out of your hands.

I'll be using my Blispay till the doors close. 

It's been a great card. Much better than the final card.

RIP Final card. lol

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.