cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Receiving Prime Pre-Approvals - Amex Ready?

tag
Way
Contributor

Finally Receiving Prime Pre-Approvals - Amex Ready?

So I've slowly worked myself from a 580 starting point more than 2 years ago to ~700 on all 3 bureaus.  I'll actually get a final mortgage lender pull in the morning and be able to see my new scores as I've recently paid down my UTI to 12%.

I checked Pre-Approval sites last week and found Chase showing 

"Your Eligible Offers" for both the Slate and the Freedom.  I'm assuming this generally indicates a pre-qual as when I try my spouse it basically says no offers found.

I also noticed that Discover softed me for the 1st time ever a few days ago.  I just hit the pre-approval site and it's showing me pre-approved for the Discover IT (very exciting).

I think my odds are obviously pretty good to get started with both Chase and Discover at this point and I'll likely pull the trigger on or just after closing day.

My question is whether it's worth a hardpull to try to get started with Amex.  I currently have a corporate card, but I'm not sure that does much for me in terms of my odds at a personal card (though they did hardpull me 2+ years ago when I got it).  Are my odds any better if I login to my online account for my corp card and apply from within the portal vs just applying in general.  And how does my profile look for AMEX BCE approval?  I mostly concerned about about denial for a thin file / short AAOA.

1.8 Years AAoA

~700

12% UTI

Experian = 2 INQ in 12 months (Both Mortgage)

Zero Bads

2 NFCU Installment Loans

Navcheck 7.5K

NFCU CashRewards 3K

NFCU MC 1.5K

2 Capone's for 1.5K total

Thanks for any comments.

Home Depot - $14300 | Care Credit - $11000 | CCUFL - $10000 | Penfed - $7500 | BECU - $7500 | DCU - $7500 | Overstock - $7200 | Discover it Miles - $5500 | Amex Hilton Aspire - $5100 | Discover it Cash Back - $4200 | Cap One QS1 - $2000 | WF Cashwise - $2000 | Apple - $2000 | Citi AA - $1500 | Amazon - $1200 | Sync Car Care - $1200 | Amex Delta Gold - $1000 | Amex BCP - $1000 | Barclay's Apple - $1000 | Cap One QS1 - $850 | Lowes - $500 | Bealls - $350 | Kohls - $300 | Target - $300
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Finally Receiving Prime Pre-Approvals - Amex Ready?

@Way wrote:

So I've slowly worked myself from a 580 starting point more than 2 years ago to ~700 on all 3 bureaus.  I'll actually get a final mortgage lender pull in the morning and be able to see my new scores as I've recently paid down my UTI to 12%.

I checked Pre-Approval sites last week and found Chase showing 

"Your Eligible Offers" for both the Slate and the Freedom.  I'm assuming this generally indicates a pre-qual as when I try my spouse it basically says no offers found.

I also noticed that Discover softed me for the 1st time ever a few days ago.  I just hit the pre-approval site and it's showing me pre-approved for the Discover IT (very exciting).

I think my odds are obviously pretty good to get started with both Chase and Discover at this point and I'll likely pull the trigger on or just after closing day.

My question is whether it's worth a hardpull to try to get started with Amex.  I currently have a corporate card, but I'm not sure that does much for me in terms of my odds at a personal card (though they did hardpull me 2+ years ago when I got it).  Are my odds any better if I login to my online account for my corp card and apply from within the portal vs just applying in general.  And how does my profile look for AMEX BCE approval?  I mostly concerned about about denial for a thin file / short AAOA.

1.8 Years AAoA

~700

12% UTI

Experian = 2 INQ in 12 months (Both Mortgage)

Zero Bads

2 NFCU Installment Loans

Navcheck 7.5K

NFCU CashRewards 3K

NFCU MC 1.5K

2 Capone's for 1.5K total

Thanks for any comments.

It's a hp for Amex, the Corporate card will not qualify for SP's.  Everything looks good, just make sure you wait until your loan has closed and app for the card you want first. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.