cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally - Some Answers and Approval For Arrival World!

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Finally - Some Answers and Approval For Arrival World!

After - going around and around with Barclay for weeks just trying to get consistent responses to some questions - two phone calls and 4 CSRs today alone - I finally got someone on the phone who told me what was true and not true about what I had been previously told by other CSRs.   She encouraged me to go ahead and apply for the card outright so that I could get the World benefits and sign-on bonuses, that I could not get when I PCed from US Airways Plat.  to Arrival (Plat.) at the end of Aug.

Applied -  Instant approval $7,500.  I have logged into my account, and the original Arrival Plat AND the new Arrival  WORLD MC  are listed.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: Finally - Some Answers and Approval For Arrival -

@Changingmantra wrote:

After - going around and around with Barclay for weeks just trying to get a consistent responses to some questions - two phone calls and 4 CSRs today alone - I finally got someone on the phone who told me what was true and not true about what I had been previously told by other CSRs.  She was actually very animated in explaining everything.  She said - It is ABSOLUTELY NOT the case that I could not have two Arrival cards - just apply - and call the credit department if I needed to after I applied, since the system could deny the application as a fraud protection, etc.  

Applied -  Instant approval $7,500.  I have logged into my account, and the WORLD MC and the PLAT Arrival - are listed!  

Congrats on the WMC.

Help me out ..

You first got the Plat.. What changed so you were able to get WMC on second card..I must of missed reading something.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 2 of 9
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

WTG......nice card and limit !!!!!!!

Message 3 of 9
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@hot4uhttp://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AAAUUUUGH-Barclay-Card-CS-Circus/td-p/2514697

Thanks!  Essentially - I was trying to save myself a HP by PCing to Arrival instead of applying for it outright.  Because I already had a US Airways Plat MC with them with a $6200 CL, I figured I would get the World MC.  However, I ended up with a Plat Arrival - that did not carry the sign-up bonus, lower APR, and some other benefits.   All last month, and even several times yesterday, I was told in order to get those, I had to reapply, which I was not convinced was worth doing.  

However, with the holidays coming up and my needing to purchase a flight ticket in the next couple of weeks - 1. I will meet the $1000 spending requirement quickly and 2. I certainly can use $400 back in rewards, so I started to consider just applying for the card outright.

I called yesterday to ask some follow-up questions - and after multiple frustrating conversations - I finally got a woman on the phone who said - that even if I DID reapply - and were approved - I still would not be eligible for the sign-up bonus as that is ONLY for people who have never had an Arrival Card; my PCed Plat Arrival disqualified me from those bonuses.  Smiley Surprised 

I tried one more time today - and another CSR let me know which bits of information were and were not true of all the things I had been previously told.  She encouraged me to apply for the card, saying: if I were approved at the World level, I would definitely get the bonuses, I can combine the limits of the two accounts, and if it were denied - it might be due to a security / fraud alert since I already have the Plat. Arrival- just call the credit department to get things processed,  Barclay does allow two of the same type of cards (not that I want to keep them both), and if I combined the two, I do keep my account history with the bank.  She said it would be better to apply on line.

After I was approved, I called back to confirm everyting and was told that the 40,000 bonus option is there - I absolutely can combine the CLs when I am ready to do so, and I did receive a lower APR!   Rep was not sure about what would happen with my current points or if I could keep the account history.  That is OK, I will deal with that when I pay off the balance on the Platinum card in a few months from now, and combine the limits.

@hot4u wrote:

@Changingmantra wrote:

After - going around and around with Barclay for weeks just trying to get a consistent responses to some questions - two phone calls and 4 CSRs today alone - I finally got someone on the phone who told me what was true and not true about what I had been previously told by other CSRs.  She was actually very animated in explaining everything.  She said - It is ABSOLUTELY NOT the case that I could not have two Arrival cards - just apply - and call the credit department if I needed to after I applied, since the system could deny the application as a fraud protection, etc.  

Applied -  Instant approval $7,500.  I have logged into my account, and the WORLD MC and the PLAT Arrival - are listed!  

Congrats on the WMC.

Help me out ..

You first got the Plat.. What changed so you were able to get WMC on second card..I must of missed reading something.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 9
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@9CLINE wrote:

WTG......nice card and limit !!!!!!!

Thanks -9CLINE - Much appreciate it -

Message 5 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally - Some Answers and Approval For Arrival World!

Congrats! So is this your 2nd Barclays card?
Message 6 of 9
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Congrats! So is this your 2nd Barclays card?

Thank You - Yes, I have both the PCed - US Airways to Arrival Platinum (no fee)  and the Arrival World ($89).  No need to keep them both; I will combine the lines once I pay off the Plat - which has a $2300  balance. 

Message 7 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like your plan finally came together! Congrats, persistence is paying off.
Message 8 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.