cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally!! The Capital One consolidation is complete!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Finally!! The Capital One combination is complete!

The benefits for me are less accounts to manage while maintaining my utilization padding. It also gives me a mega limit card to use when I need to. It also shows other creditors how I handle a large limit card. IME birds of a feather flock together. Meaning certain credit limits seem to attract similar limits from other lenders.

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Serious question: What is the benefit of combining accounts?

Higher credit limit than the individual cards would have had.

If you have multiple cards from an issuer but only use one, it's not a given that you can close the inactive cards and CLI the one you use. Combining accounts lets you do that, and often gets you a higher CL than you would have otherwise gotten. It also avoids additional credit pulls that come with hard pull CLIs or opening new accounts.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!  Woman Very Happy  I want to do the same.  Wasn't sure they would actually go through with it.  Nice to know they will.  Smiley Wink  Just  freaks me out looking at that number!!!!

Message 13 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!!  Woman Very Happy  I want to do the same.  Wasn't sure they would actually go through with it.  Nice to know they will.  Smiley Wink  Just  freaks me out looking at that number!!!!

Thanks Sandi! Yeah, that number freaks me out as well. Smiley LOL

I went back and looked at when my last two cards were obtained. Cap one allowed the consolidation exactly 181 days from the day I apped for the cards.

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Well done!

Message 15 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Finally!! The Capital One consolidation is complete!

Thanks Music lover!
Message 16 of 30
drboxing
Established Contributor

How in the world did you accomplish that? That's very impressive

Message 17 of 30
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@drboxing wrote:
How in the world did you accomplish that? That's very impressive

Thanks, to answer your question I apped last year for two Quickslivers and two Ventures. My apps ran roughly 90 days apart. After the first 90 days I requested CLI's.

The first Venture which was approved for $15,000 was raised to $18,000 and the QS was raised from $5000 to $5400. I received another $1000 cli 90 days later on the same QS making it $6400. Around the same time I doubled apped for another Venture and QS. Starting limits $15,000 Venture and $5000 QS. 90 days after those apps I requested CLI's. The 2nd Venture was raised to $18,000. The 2nd QS never received a CLI. Last week I was able to get one of the Venture's CLI to $19,000.

In Feb of this year, I requested my Cap one Platinum($1100) be PC'd to a QS per advice on the forum. I then closed my oldest QS(not even a year old) at $6400 and moved that limit to the PC'd QS making it $7500. I knew in June my other cards should be eligible for consolidation. I then took both Ventures($37,000) total and the remaining QS ($5000) and consolidated them into the $7500 QS. Presto..now I have an almost 9 yr old reporting QS Mastercard with a $49,500 CL.

Message 18 of 30
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

NOICEEEE!!!
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 30
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks so much for sharing. Wish I had done that with my cap1 cards. I'll pay them down then look to consolidate them. Thanks again

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.